Royal Rumble 2019 discussion

HarmonicGenerator

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@tiger_rick An excellent post as always, but a slight correction - shouldn't Tye Dillinger be added to the 2018 'Never Made It' list? I'm certain he was Number 10 (amazingly enough), and then Sami Zayn and KO attacked him. Sami took his spot in the Rumble (and did bugger for his stint).

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Grecian said:

@Tiger_Rick An excellent post as always, but a slight correction - shouldn't Tye Dillinger be added to the 2018 'Never Made It' list? I'm certain he was Number 10 (amazingly enough), and then Sami Zayn and KO attacked him. Sami took his spot in the Rumble (and did bugger for his stint).

Yes but the fact that someone actually entered buggers up my database. There was at least one in 1999 (I think) too which also doesn't appear for the same reason.

38 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

If they really wanted to shake up the format, which they probably shouldn't, they should arrange it so that towards the end of the match, numbers 28 and 29 are the only two left, but they eliminate each other, leaving the ring empty and meaning that whoever enters number 30 automatically wins without even having to do anything.

It would be terrible but I'd happily see them try it if they have to do a 100-man Rumble at the next Saudi show.

Would be glorious if it was a returning Roman Reigns in the 30 spot.

As for the outsider winning the Rumble goes, I was thinking the other day would it be possible (probably not in this day and age) to make someone look like a nobody for a couple of years, and have them win the Rumble as a massive outsider and actually turn out to be a credible contender. Rather than have someone like Santino be a shock winner (which was so very well done) but knowing he would have no chance for the title at Mania.

13 minutes ago, air_raid said:

@Ricc1PW Please clarify you meant "shock outsider" as in "no fucking chance does this guy win" rather than an established main eventer - announced as entering or not......

absolutely not Cena.

I was more thinking someone totally random, and unthought of - you know when, back in the day, some random jobber would enter and Lawler would be like "he's my pick! he could win it all!" and you sat watching and were like no he bloody well couldn't.

a member of AOP, or Tye Dillinger or something.

4 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Yes but the fact that someone actually entered buggers up my database. There was at least one in 1999 (I think) too which also doesn't appear for the same reason.

Mabel took out Thrasher (or Mosh) and replaced him.  If that's allowed why doesn't it happen more often.  If you're not in the Rumble match you'd just take someone out before it's their entrance and go out yourself.

• Paid Members

it could be genuinely star-making if they ever carried through with the "anyone can win it" theory. Having two belts these days makes it more plausible too because you just have the winner go after the lesser champ at the time to leave your big match free. it was harder before.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

You still didn't answer the question

Didn't think it was relevant to his point.

I think we both know what he means

I'm still not convinced.

2 minutes ago, Ricc1PW said:

absolutely not Cena.

There you go.

the transition the title shot has been done before though and it was stupid, Cena/Orton was the perfect story to main event that particular Mania.

Agreed. Absolute fucking bollocks. The injury interrupting Cena's run and the perpetrator being the beneficiary writes itself for a revenge storyline. But they fucked it.

• Paid Members

For years I've wanted them to use The Rumble to slingshot someone into a main event position. Either pick a midcarder who you've decided to push or debut someone from NXT that you're willing to strap a rocket to and give them the surprise win.

Not only would it solidify the idea of, "anyone can win," but it's the perfect tool to immediately promote a guy to main event status.

The problem was always trying to find that guy who you could trust to succeed. Someone with so much potential that you could guarantee it wouldn't bomb. Someone so special that they're a can't miss prospect.

It's time. They've found him.

E686A18C-B610-4816-88EB-293523B40098.png.42b82c48659cd6ed44614b3761cc4c83.png

2 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Would be glorious if it was a returning Roman Reigns in the 30 spot.

I've always been surprised that they've never played with having somebody come out at the number 31 spot.  Just when we think that we have seen the entire field enter, the clocks begins to count down again with a huge suprise entrant.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Bohan said:

I've always been surprised that they've never played with having somebody come out at the number 31 spot.  Just when we think that we have seen the entire field enter, the clocks begins to count down again with a huge suprise entrant.

If they didn't have Triple H exercise his authority to be #31 in 2016, they never will. That would have been a cherry on the top of an already pretty tasty heelish cake.

Heel Daniel Bryan has a go at Chase Field for doing a 'Rumble burger. 

Then Heel Daniel Bryan challenges them to donate the proceeds to a children's hospital. 

And he'll still get booed on Sunday.

I love this character so much.

Archived