Royal Rumble 2019 discussion

HarmonicGenerator

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

They certainly picked the right men for that poster. Love how everyone is wearing mock outdoor ring gear, like the 91/92 version. That's what we need more of. Instead of people wearing their wrestling gear all the time, they should have away kits. Like how Hogan would always wear long red pants and his t-shirt when on his 'downtime'.

14 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I consider the GRR non-canon but I did remember Bryan lasting ages. I’d forgotten how busted up his chest was by the end though! Hopefully in a year or two's time they can switch to pretending it never happened.

It wasn't on a Royal Rumble PPV, the show was Greatest Royal Rumble. So you're right in that it's not canon. I guess they count the eponymous match on the offical list due to the significance of it being the 50 man one. Its not implausible that a regular sized one could last as long as it did. The longest 30 man one was 2002 which was only a few seconds shorter than the 40 man one. But if you want, put an asterisk next to it along with 2011 and 1989 since they didn't have the traditional number of entries. I know there's been Rumble matches through the years that have had a DNS. But let's not muddy things up. It's just a one off after all.

Anyway, photo of the setup in progress is online and as Daniel Bryan said in an interview last year, they're coming out of the dugouts which should look great. Got the curved entrance way like WrestleMania XIX had. Not embedded for those who want to save the surprise.

https://twitter.com/kenton_la/status/1088730152958341120?s=21

Got the network back this morning after a few months break. Looking forward to the Rumble now. Can't see past Rollins for the Mens one and he deserves it for the year he's had. It's a predictable choice but I don't think the fans will be too disappointed.

As for the Woman's, they've got to find a way to go Becky vs. Ronda one on one. They can't miss the boat on this one and adding Flair to it only dilutes it.

Suppose there's a 1% chance Omega turns up but won't be holding my breath on that one.

On 1/19/2019 at 3:33 PM, WyattSheepMask said:

Bryan v Styles I’m sure will be very good, but I don’t see Bryan losing. No idea what they’ve got in mind for him at Wrestlemania assuming he gets through Elimination Chamber and Fastlane as champion

I have a feeling they will have Cena face Bryan at Mania. So many possibilities with this one as well. Cena can do his 'I want to beat the record thing'. Bryan can be the cocky heel saying that no one can beat him. Then you've got the Nikki Bella history that Bryan will no doubt play on. Could even be a good way to turn the Bella's heel If Nikki & Brie wanted to get involved in the build up. Of course this also sells the Total Divas/Bellas show. 

25 minutes ago, Winston said:

Got the network back this morning after a few months break. Looking forward to the Rumble now. Can't see past Rollins for the Mens one and he deserves it for the year he's had. It's a predictable choice but I don't think the fans will be too disappointed.

As for the Woman's, they've got to find a way to go Becky vs. Ronda one on one. They can't miss the boat on this one and adding Flair to it only dilutes it.

Suppose there's a 1% chance Omega turns up but won't be holding my breath on that one.

He’s under contract until end of the month, so I’ll give you any odds you want on omega in the rumble 

My hopes for the women:

Charlotte interferes in Asuka/Becky, costing Becky the title via DQ for attacking Asuka.

Becky later attacks Charlotte during her Rumble entrance and takes her spot (authority figure later clears it as recompense for Charlotte’s earlier interference).

Becky wins the Rumble and challenges Rousey, then we get Charlotte/Asuka in a rematch from last year (Asuka goes over please).

Fuck it, I’ll even take a triple threat but please lord don’t let it be Charlotte vs Rousey in the main event!

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, Winston said:

1% is astronomically more than the true chance.

46 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

Could even be a good way to turn the Bella's heel If Nikki & Brie wanted to get involved in the build up.

"Turn".........?

15 minutes ago, Love-Wilcox said:

My hopes for the women:

Charlotte interferes in Asuka/Becky, costing Becky the title via DQ for attacking Asuka.

Becky later attacks Charlotte during her Rumble entrance and takes her spot (authority figure later clears it as recompense for Charlotte’s earlier interference).

Becky wins the Rumble and challenges Rousey, then we get Charlotte/Asuka in a rematch from last year (Asuka goes over please).

Genuinely think there's a chance that both Ronda and Becky cost each other the belts so at Mania they hold two title matches AND Becky vs Ronda which is that big it "doesn't need" (ugh) to be for a belt.

Yes, I'm aware that makes Sasha champion at the Rumble which might sound odd, but they'll do anything with the belts to tell the story they want en route to Mania. They made Bray Wyatt terminate Big Match John's 16th reign after a month for fuck's sake.

Archived