Sign in to follow this  
MPDTT

All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

3 hours ago, BigJackTaylor said:

The one thing I don't understand is why wrestling has this set plan of what is needed to be a success or indeed just be a wrestling promotion . Why does a successful wrestling have to have a weekly episodic tv show?

It doesn't. There are plenty of successful promotions that don't have a weekly TV show. But they're small-time.

Fantastic article, @Liam O'Rourke!

I wonder, since Jericho showed up to the rally looking like he'd at least had a wash and bought a new suit, will he leave the chubby brawler character in Japan and bring a more traditional version of Y2J to America?

Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed his work in Japan, but I don't think this is what people expect when they hear Chris Jericho has signed with that new wrestling company.

image.png.028b4293bdcb6abfb45fc0e7bb812fc0.png

It's mad that New Japan did that Triple Threat Match with Cody late last year rather than waste the big Kenny Omega vs. Kota Ibushi singles match, and now it's looking likely that it'll be AEW who end up doing that match instead. That could easily main event the biggest AEW show.

Also, has anyone seen former UFC fighter Tom Lawlor wrestle? Is he any good. He feels like he'd be a good fit.

Edited by Supremo

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Also, has anyone seen former UFC fighter Tom Lawlor wrestle? Is he any good. He feels like he'd be a good fit.

Nothing particularly special in the ring, but his character outweighs any short comings. He's been great on MLW. He's pretty much their top star.

7 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

It doesn't. There are plenty of successful promotions that don't have a weekly TV show. But they're small-time.

Don't get me wrong. TV is massively important. UFC have TV rights and so do the major Boxing promotions. But wrestling seem to have this fascination with this live tv soap opera concept.

Why not a 1 hour or 90 min show that builds to the monthly big event.

I dunno. I guess I would go more sports than entertainment if I was to start a new promotion. Be as far away from  wwe as possible. 

10 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

"All In" and "Double Or Nothing" are both gambling terms, so there is a consistency with them.  Although I think it'll end up not being "Triple Crown", but more "£500, on the nose, on Sad Ken"

Visually impaired, little and large tag team called Big Blind/Little Blind. 

Some interesting remarks on Kevin Kelly's Twitter today. Speculation he is off to AEW.

1 hour ago, MPDTT said:

Some interesting remarks on Kevin Kelly's Twitter today.

Likening this to Turner buying out Crockett is up there with fantasy booking Goldberg v Punk for Sad Ken Has Been Shot.

Kevin "Bang Average" Kelly there. I can understand people getting excited about the possibility of Kenny Omega but being excited about a mid 90s 4th string WWF announcer joining is scraping the barrel a bit.

10 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Kevin "Bang Average" Kelly there. I can understand people getting excited about the possibility of Kenny Omega but being excited about a mid 90s 4th string WWF announcer joining is scraping the barrel a bit.

I agree he's hardly worth getting excited about but I've always thought that Kevin Kelly was a pretty good announcer, solid hand shall we say. What little I've heard of him over recent years has done nothing to change that tbh.

Tony (first name terms) was meant to be the announcer at All In, but he had to do his baseball on the Sunday so couldnt go. Hopefully they put him under contract. He's the best out there by a mile at the minute.

Apparently, for all their crowing about health insurance and equal rights, there's going to be NO WELLNESS POLICY! I mean fucking lol! I get it, the amount of pain killers these indy guys are on, I can see why, but still. All that shite about changing the business, and they're not going to have drug testing? That's both careless and smart I suppose. All those wrestlers desperate to get on the shit will be attracted to them now.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

They should have had a UFC style press conference with all the talent sitting there and bouncing off each other.

I'd have a backdrop of the logos, sponsors and the date and location of the MGM Event.

I'd get Michael Buffer in to be MC for the big events as he doesn't have HBO anymore.

I'd get Ryback and Big Dave in ASAP. That's a cracking world heavyweight title match to start with.

Tbh I would have waited until TV was confirmed and all of the major talent was signed before doing anything.

Make it look legit and important not naff and small time.

Edited by BigJackTaylor

7 minutes ago, BigJackTaylor said:

They should have had a UFC style press conference with all the talent sitting there and bouncing off each other.

I'd have a backdrop of the logos, sponsors and the date and location of the MGM Event.

I'd get Michael Buffer in to be MC for the big events as he doesn't have HBO anymore.

I'd get Ryback and Big Dave in ASAP. That's a cracking world heavyweight title match to start with.

Tbh I would have waited until TV was confirmed and all of the major talent was signed before doing anything.

Make it look legit and important not naff and small time.

It's irrelevent. The people who watched it were watching anyway. The people who liked it were liking it anyway. the people who are moaning were moaning anyway.

The people who determine whether it's another solid indy or a mainstream wrestling company don't know it exists yet and won't until it has TV and starts advertising. Everything else is a tease.

15 minutes ago, BigJackTaylor said:

I’d get Ryback and Big Dave in ASAP. That's a cracking world heavyweight title match to start with.

You were calling it WWE lite less then 24 hours ago, now you want Ryback headlining?