Sign in to follow this  
Devon Malcolm

Brexit

7, I believe.  Including getting less votes than someone dressed as a dolphin.

6 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Well he has his seat at Question Time at least, Anna Sourbry is on as well tonight.

Is he on tonight? Cheers, I'll be sure to tune in. Not watched QT in ages.

4 minutes ago, David said:

Is he on tonight? Cheers, I'll be sure to tune in. Not watched QT in ages.

No doubt he'll be taking a different stance to this clip.  And people will still lap it up because we live in a world where opinions mean more than facts

6 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

No doubt he'll be taking a different stance to this clip.  And people will still lap it up because we live in a world where opinions mean more than facts

The BBC are to blame, they intentionally choose an audience of people who won't test him or pull him up. They'll get flustered and angry, he'll laugh like fuck and it'll make for good TV.

It's a soap opera in bad suits.

33 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

If you put the letters "KOFF" between "OFOC" and "Brexit" then you have my exact opinion of Bret Hart.

7 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

If you put the letters "KOFF" between "OFOC" and "Brexit" then you have my exact opinion of Bret Hart.

BrexHart?

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

7, I believe.  Including getting less votes than someone dressed as a dolphin.

I think someone asked him on the radio once about his constant failure to get elected to parliament, and he had a right strop. Seems like a real sore spot.

2 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

I think someone asked him on the radio once about his constant failure to get elected to parliament, and he had a right strop. Seems like a real sore spot.

I'm not that sure he actually wants elected. He seems to "win" more from being able to operate as the instigator on the sidelines. if he got in, he'd actually be held accountable and have to do more than dress sharp and down pints.

13 minutes ago, David said:

I'm not that sure he actually wants elected. He seems to "win" more from being able to operate as the instigator on the sidelines. if he got in, he'd actually be held accountable and have to do more than dress sharp and down pints.

Yep, as James O'Brien said a few years back after Farage quit politics after the referendum.  (I say quit, he still was an MEP which he called semi retirement)

Yeah, he was never going away altogether.

As much as I hate to say it, he's easily the savviest, smartest politician in the UK at the moment, which is more of a damning indictment of the current lot than saying he's anything special. He makes the rest of the bunch who wander around in the main parties look like absolute fools. I have no doubt he'll do very well in the EU elections, and will push on from there, managing to do just enough to avoid actual responsibility for anything, but manage to stay incredibly relevant and popular among a decent chunk of the population.

EDIT: He also has more charisma than the entire Labour and Conservative parties combined. I personally find him entertaining as hell, and certainly tune in whenever he's on QT or suchlike. It's not so much that I agree with anything he says, as I just enjoy seeing someone who doesn't send me to fucking sleep as soon as they start talking.

Edited by David

Couple of minor points on the European Elections. The ballot papers are now out and it appears Farage's mob have dropped a bollock. Everyone (by which I mean a few political nerds on Twitter) thought one of the many genius things about the Brexit Party name was that it would be top of the ballot paper because it's done in alphabetical order. However, in the North West at least (and presumably nationwide), they've registered it as "The Brexit Party" and consequently are right near the bottom, just above UKIP. Probably won't make much difference given UKIP 'won' last time, but still a minor LOL.

Meanwhile election analysts are semi-seriously delighted with the Conservatives approach to the election because they're basically acting as a controlled experiment to see what difference it makes when a major party doesn't have a manifesto or any active campaign beyond the free mailout. 

For any fellow political nerds out there, there's a fantastic two part Storyville documentary on iplayer called Brexit: Behind Closed Doors. It's a fly on the wall type thing that follows Guy Verhofstadt, Chief Co-Ordinator for Brexit for the European Parliament, during the last few years since the Brexit vote. You get to sit in on some seriously candid conversations between Barnier et al. What I took from it was that, unsurprisingly, the EU's team is organised, united and highly competent and the UK....well, you can guess. Really highlighted how messed up this situation is and how there's no way we're coming out of it as winners, not with the current bunch of self-serving charlatans we have at the minute.

Got home from work yesterday to find Nigel Farage's ugly cunt face staring up at me from his shite hawk election literature. 

Made me wince wondering how my details could have fallen into their hands, the initial of my middle name suggests my bank has sold them my details. 

Either way, back it goes to their HQ in an unstamped envelope.