Trivial Things That Annoy You...

Michael_3165

Just now, Merzbow said:

Christmas jumpers

Yep.

Remember those Barclays Life Skills adverts about how young people start every sentence/answer with "Basically"?  How about one for adults, usually professionals in the media, starting every sentence/answer with "So"

• Awards Moderator
31 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yep.

Remember those Barclays Life Skills adverts about how young people start every sentence/answer with "Basically"?  How about one for adults, usually professionals in the media, starting every sentence/answer with "So"

I'm really bad for starting sentences with "so". I'm trying to train myself out of it the way I managed to stop using "sort of" as a filler phrase three or four times a sentence.

On 20 November 2018 at 2:16 PM, Keith Houchen said:

Yep.

I have found the term "literally" used a lot with young people. Like literally in everysentance. 

• Paid Members

Does "tea" mean news? I figured it was a reference to the "Kermit The Frog sipping tea" meme, as a smug sign-off to a mundane statement that the person making it thinks is somehow controversial.

I'd heard the term "Stan" for a good year or two before someone finally explained that it was a reference to the Eminem track.

Edited by BomberPat

In seriousness I think "tea" is meant to represent schadenfreude, like when the neighbour who's spent months bitching about your perfectly fair parking gets his car repossessed. You're just there sipping tea while you watch, a quiet twinkle in your eye, the situation speaking for itself.

My own laziness!

If i want to go into the garden for a minute & it's wet outside, i will try & force my already tied trainers onto my feet, rather than undo the laces.

I know it will be quicker in the long run to undo the damn things, yet can't be arsed with the rigmarole. 😩