Would You Kill Someone, if You Could Get Away With It?

David

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd initially say no on this. But then I work in a scrap yard which attracts the lowest of the low. Some of the people (and I use "people" very loosely here) that I have to deal with could push me towards murder involving some kind of blunt instrument.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Sleep with one eye open.

Gripping your pillow tight. 

But yeah, as much as I like the idea of a certain couple of people just disappearing, I know I couldn't actually kill them if it came to it. I feel guilty if I accidentally step on a snail, just happily going about its daily business until I crushed it to death. I know I wouldn't be able to live with the guilt. 

No, I couldn't do it.  The act of taking away a human life is beyond who I am and what I stand for.  There is no way, no matter what they have done, would drive me to kill and will refer back to this post in case my defence team ever need it.

I couldn't hurt a human being let alone take a life. Even minor squabbles with my siblings during my childhood I could never use my fisty cuffs. I'm too much of an empath. I find myself defusing situations more than I'd like to whenever I go on a night out. 

That being said, if someone hurt my family then I'd have to seriously reconsider my stance. Maybe a good kicking would suffice and not necessarily killing them. 

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, David said:

With the popularity of The Purge, and the recent TV series based on the movies, I was talking to some mates at the pub, and discussion about the new show turned to the question I posed in the thread topic;

Would you kill someone, if you could get away with it?

If you were legally handed a 12 hour period to do as you wish, with no threat of prosecution, would you actually kill someone? It could be anyone, a person who's wronged you in the past, someone you just don't like, or even someone you do like but don't like enough to not kill them.

Would you do it? Or would you just board up the windows and keep the head down until the 12 hours passed?

Watch your back.

Archived