Would You Kill Someone, if You Could Get Away With It?

David

With the popularity of The Purge, and the recent TV series based on the movies, I was talking to some mates at the pub, and discussion about the new show turned to the question I posed in the thread topic;

Would you kill someone, if you could get away with it?

If you were legally handed a 12 hour period to do as you wish, with no threat of prosecution, would you actually kill someone? It could be anyone, a person who's wronged you in the past, someone you just don't like, or even someone you do like but don't like enough to not kill them.

Would you do it? Or would you just board up the windows and keep the head down until the 12 hours passed?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm afraid I'll have to be terribly boring and say I absolutely wouldn't, and that's that. 

Doubtless that most pubs and offices are full of mad bastards who'd claim they definitely would, but absolutely wouldn't. 

• Paid Members

We were in the car on the way to a match once (Barnsley away if anyone's bothered) and someone asked "Could you kill someone?" I think I misjudged my audience when I said "yes, definitely".

They'd have to have wronged me pretty spectacularly, like. This 12 hour thing is an added bonus. I'd go full Raul Moat until Gazza came along with a pack-up.

• Paid Members

There's no one I could get near enough to kill if I had to do it myself, and although there are people who have wronged me there's no one bad enough where I'd put on a black jacket, break into their house and beat them to death like Charles Bronson. 

If I could just will anyone to drop dead without being implicated though I'd definitely use it tactically to make a few big changes.

If, during this period, I was on the tube and some idiot got on a packed train with his backpack on, then I could be mightily tempted.

But no. Unless someone does it in an act of rage/passion, most murders are committed by people who have that urge to anyway, in which case I would already have been doing this.

• Paid Members

I honestly don't think I could. Not even those that have seriously wronged me. It's not that I couldn't do the actual deed, but living with myself after would be impossible!*

*Unless it was a cow to put on my non-vegan barbeque(that's  joke by the way, or is it?). 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

And then eat them afterwards.

Well, they will be delicious on that diet.

Wait.....

I've never seen one before, no-one has, but I'm guessing its a White Hole.

Archived