Sign in to follow this  
Otto Dem Wanz

Biscuit chat

Galaxy chocolate is shit. Whilst we're lowering the tone, one of my best biscuits was the happy shopper chocolate orange penguin style bar. Can't find images and I'm now questioning whether they existed... Regardless, top biscuit.

I think everyone was ripping off Penguins almost the moment they came out, I always preferred the mint ones myself.

Also, the best biscuit product placement of all time.

robocod-12-e1509178417326.png

Edited by Merzbow

There's not many biscuits I disagree with. Party Rings are the only truly shite one. I'm a lover of many a different type, dependent on mood. I could go on and on about the ones I enjoy so I'm just gonna review the last one I nibbled.

The missus gave blood other week and apparently they have all manner of delicious snacks at the donor centre she went. She was kind enough to bring me back a mint Club. Now I've not had one of these since the 90s. Its the sort of biscuit that reminds me going to my Gran's house as a kid (also see Montanas and Viscount) so it was a nice bit of nostalgia. As a kid it wouldn't be a go to bit of biscuit, but a 32 year old Maestro really enjoyed it. Worthy of an 8/10 rating.

On 9/8/2018 at 4:34 PM, ColinBollocks said:

Chocolate hobknob with a cup of tea is the finest of times. Chocolate facing down, obviously.

Just reminded me of the time we discussed which way up a chocolate digestive is. I still maintain the chocolate is on the top.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/weird-news/chocolate-digestives-revelation-could-change-the-face-of-biscuit-eating-forever-9219218.html
Ā 

Ā 

On 9/8/2018 at 4:34 PM, ColinBollocks said:

Chocolate hobknob with a cup of tea is the finest of times. Chocolate facing down, obviously.

Come back when you can even spell hobnob and tell me about the correct way up to have the chocolate, you bum!

8 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Tuc%20Cheese%20Sandwich-8uav__width_900_

END THREAD

Think I've posted this before, but one of my favourite "plausible" bullshit pieces is that they were originally created by Jacobs specially for the Trades Union Conference, to show the support of the biscuit/crackers industry.

Monday's episode of QI provided support for the "chocolate is on the bottom of the chocolate digestive" camp. History belongs to the winners.

You don't see Chocolate Rich Teas very often nowadays. Sometimes they used to turn up in Poundworld, but that's probably not going to be happening any more.

I tried thoseĀ Tuc sandwiches with the flavours, and they didn't quite taste right, but I do love me some Tuc sandwiches. Especially when Asda knock them down to 50p a pack. Cheddars are good as well. The bacon ones are quite nice.

14 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

You don't see Chocolate Rich Teas very often nowadays. Sometimes they used to turn up in Poundworld, but that's probably not going to be happening any more.

I tried thoseĀ Tuc sandwiches with the flavours, and they didn't quite taste right, but I do love me some Tuc sandwiches. Especially when Asda knock them down to 50p a pack. Cheddars are good as well. The bacon ones are quite nice.

Just had a quick gander online, seems they cadbury ones have been discontinued :(Ā 

I guess the only way is to get someĀ chocolateĀ spread and spread it on to the rich teaĀ