Biscuit chat

Otto Dem Wanz

There's not many biscuits I disagree with. Party Rings are the only truly shite one. I'm a lover of many a different type, dependent on mood. I could go on and on about the ones I enjoy so I'm just gonna review the last one I nibbled.

The missus gave blood other week and apparently they have all manner of delicious snacks at the donor centre she went. She was kind enough to bring me back a mint Club. Now I've not had one of these since the 90s. Its the sort of biscuit that reminds me going to my Gran's house as a kid (also see Montanas and Viscount) so it was a nice bit of nostalgia. As a kid it wouldn't be a go to bit of biscuit, but a 32 year old Maestro really enjoyed it. Worthy of an 8/10 rating.

On 9/8/2018 at 4:34 PM, ColinBollocks said:

Chocolate hobknob with a cup of tea is the finest of times. Chocolate facing down, obviously.

Just reminded me of the time we discussed which way up a chocolate digestive is. I still maintain the chocolate is on the top.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/weird-news/chocolate-digestives-revelation-could-change-the-face-of-biscuit-eating-forever-9219218.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
8 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Tuc%20Cheese%20Sandwich-8uav__width_900_

END THREAD

Think I've posted this before, but one of my favourite "plausible" bullshit pieces is that they were originally created by Jacobs specially for the Trades Union Conference, to show the support of the biscuit/crackers industry.

• Paid Members

You don't see Chocolate Rich Teas very often nowadays. Sometimes they used to turn up in Poundworld, but that's probably not going to be happening any more.

I tried those Tuc sandwiches with the flavours, and they didn't quite taste right, but I do love me some Tuc sandwiches. Especially when Asda knock them down to 50p a pack. Cheddars are good as well. The bacon ones are quite nice.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

New contenders:

51zp8KBZCWL.jpg

Outstanding with a cup of tea after lunch.

No, no no no no. Tried these last year at the depths of a three-month anxiety low where eating caused me to have an attack, thinking they'd be just the thing that might keep me going when I couldn't manage any other food. One bite and I felt ill for the rest of the day. They're on the blacklist as far as I'm concerned! 

4 hours ago, Ralphy said:

stumbled across these by accident on this site (https://lowpricefoods.com/collections/frontpage/products/mcvities-digestive-chocolate-creams-220g), never seen these before, they look amazing! 

you can buy 12 boxes for £3.75 https://lowpricefoods.com/collections/frontpage/products/12x-mcvities-digestive-chocolate-creams-205g 

Do report back if you're trying them.