Sign in to follow this  
Otto Dem Wanz

Biscuit chat

On 9/25/2018 at 1:33 PM, Otto Dem Wanz said:

New contenders:

51zp8KBZCWL.jpg

Outstanding with a cup of tea after lunch.

What makes these a "breakfast" biscuit? I don't get them. What's the difference between eating these and a pack of custard creams for brekkie? Can anyone enlighten me?

2 hours ago, The Maestro said:

What makes these a "breakfast" biscuit? I don't get them. What's the difference between eating these and a pack of custard creams for brekkie? Can anyone enlighten me?

Marketing. Put some wheat clip art on it and you're done. 

Look at the numbers. Those belvitas = 445cal / 14g fat / 26g sugar per 100g.

Sainsbury's Custard creams = 474cal / 19g fat / 26.5g sugar. They're nutritionally the same ie not very. 

2 hours ago, The Maestro said:

Jamie Oliver fans would have the former, the poor people that he hates would have the latter.

Mightily impressed with these cookie/digestive hybrid from Lidl. I ate them cookie side up. I figured the digestive side would be more robust and there'd be less of a crumb fall. 

Would recommend. 

20181005_191103.jpg

In my frivolous youth I'd have destroyed the packet with several glasses of milk, in some monstrous, glorious, episode. 

But I just settled for 2 and put the rest in the fridge. Looking forward to tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

Yeah the Fox's one are a proper luxury biscuit. I'm really excited that there is a cheap German supermarket version.

I endorsed the Aldi versions in this thread a few weeks ago. I think they're a quid a packet.

Last weekend Home Bargains had the real deal Foxes ones under a quid though, so I bought three packets. 

10 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Cereal-_Guy-_Spitting.jpg

It's the sort of packet that you can't seal back up, and no way are they gonna slum it in the barrel with the custard creams. Fridge = fresh. 

Morrisons do massive Custard Creams and Bourbon biscuits.. sadly they are as soft as fuck.. not crisp like they should be.. i was massively disappointed.

Put me down for a vote on them Lotus Biscoff Caramelised Biscuits ... bloody love them with peanut butter on when i have a cheat day..

oh.. I do like  Fig Rolls too ( yes i know... its got fruit in.. biscuits should be a treat not contain healthy fruit)

Edited by King of Hamptons
i cant spell...

4 minutes ago, Silky Kisser said:

It's the sort of packet that you can't seal back up, and no way are they gonna slum it in the barrel with the custard creams. Fridge = fresh. 

Fridge = Soft biscuits. Buy yourself a cheap airtight container mate. 

1 hour ago, King of Hamptons said:

Fridge = Soft biscuits. Buy yourself a cheap airtight container mate. 

Got tupperware aplenty. But I just like coolness of the biscuit I guess.