Biscuit chat

Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members

Picked up some of these from the Co-Op earlier.

IMG_7153.jpg

Not bad but I probably wouldn't be making regular trips back for more of them. Haven't tried them as dunkers yet but I don't think they would stand up to it. 6/10.

• Paid Members

I had a demented cookie the other day — two massive chocolate chocolate chip cookies, wedged around a load of nutella and the edges rolled in chocolate sprinkles to make it into a brigadeiro cookie sandwich. Made the mistake of having it with a similarly styled iced coffee and then going on a boat, but it was cracking whilst it lasted.

• Awards Moderator

My other half bakes amazing cookies. Got a plate of white chocolate ones to devour during Bake Off. The best ones she ever did were for my birthday one year, and had chunks of Gold Bar in them. Salivating.

I tried to upload a photo but the uploader keeps failing.

Edit: She’s just said she’s going to melt some more white chocolate to drizzle over the top of them. This is love.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator
COOKIE

On 9/25/2018 at 1:33 PM, Otto Dem Wanz said:

New contenders:

51zp8KBZCWL.jpg

Outstanding with a cup of tea after lunch.

What makes these a "breakfast" biscuit? I don't get them. What's the difference between eating these and a pack of custard creams for brekkie? Can anyone enlighten me?

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, The Maestro said:

What makes these a "breakfast" biscuit? I don't get them. What's the difference between eating these and a pack of custard creams for brekkie? Can anyone enlighten me?

Marketing. Put some wheat clip art on it and you're done. 

Look at the numbers. Those belvitas = 445cal / 14g fat / 26g sugar per 100g.

Sainsbury's Custard creams = 474cal / 19g fat / 26.5g sugar. They're nutritionally the same ie not very. 

2 hours ago, The Maestro said:

Jamie Oliver fans would have the former, the poor people that he hates would have the latter.