SuperBacon

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Slapnut said:

Black Bomber by the Snowdonia Cheese Company is probably the nicest cheese Iā€™ve ever tasted. Proper nice extra mature cheddar.

Iā€™ve been known to devour an entire wheel of brie in one sitting on a number of occasions.Ā 

Who else goes for a cheeseboard rather than a pudding for dessert?

Oh man, Black Bomber is amazing.Ā 

• Awards Moderator
18 hours ago, BigJag said:

Garlic Roule is another good one. A soft chess with garlic and herbs. Boursin is essentially the same. When watching Triple D and the like. They'll mention a cheese called Fontina. I've never managed to find it. Does anyone have any experience with it and care to share it's qualities?

Not that difficult to find but you will need to go in a Waitrose or M&S. Provolone is an easier to find cheese that is similar (creamy, melty).Ā 

• Moderators

DĆ©lice de Bourgogne is an amazing cheese. Any of you cheese fans who haven't tried it should give it a go. It's pretty mild, but super creamy and super tasty.

Parmesan is the shit, but not really something you just eat on its own (but I do sometimes with the fancy stuff). I love a good buffalo mozzarella, but again it's usually as part of a bigger dish.

I don't really like the stinky stuff. But an exception to that is blue cheese dip with buffalo wings. It goes so well with the spicy.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Saw this in todayā€™s Metro and thought of you lot. Get yourself some 7,000Ā year old Croatian cheese.

image.jpg

ā€œHow Cheese helped populate Europeā€...

Some people would argue that it helped too much.Ā 

And now the same people are struggling to tell the differenceĀ between a hard or soft cheese Brexit.

ADF2737D-28D9-49B3-BB20-8C6113BA3E3E.jpeg.285be37e179b243cae05cba4c15ec64c.jpeg

7DD36D1D-236F-4666-92C9-02E5A652FC90.thumb.jpeg.217d1a22af50761b477833a482dfdcda.jpeg

• Paid Members

I am a cheese fiend. Stilton was one of the first solids I ever ate as I nicked a pack of it out of my Gran's shopping when I was a babyĀ and I haven't looked back. I'm actually attending aĀ FESTIVAL OF CHEESE this very weekend:Ā https://www.fromecheeseshow.co.uk/Ā 

Gus' cheese top 5 (with bonus cheese)

1. Brie de MeauxĀ 
2. Cheddar (needs to be the mature and creamy kind, not just that shite that's just strong and crumbles everywhere)
3. Camembert (only when baked). Shoutout toĀ Pont-l'Eveque in this aspect too.Ā 
4. Gruyere
5. Reblochon/Stilton play offĀ Ā 

Special mention to Dutch cheese and Dutch cheese shops. Rank amateurs go to Amsterdam for sex and weed; the pros go for the cheese.Ā 

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members

One of the best Dutch cheese I ever had was a jeerah/cumin seed-flavoured Gouda. Lovely aromatic flavour. Leerdammer is nice too - those nutty Emmental/Jarlsberg-type cheeses go well on burgers with fried mushrooms.

• Paid Members

One cheese I've not yet tried but would very much like to is the Norwegian "fudge" cheese, gjetost. It's apparently called that because it's a bit sweet, brown and semi-soft in texture. Very intriguing.