SuperBacon

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, AdamTH17 said:

Halloumi. With chicken thighs and red onion relish. Bit of garlic mayo as well.

Not even a debate.

That's a lovely recipe, but it's not just about the cheese is it. Surely your favourite cheese is a cheese you eat on its own, not part of a recipe.Ā 

13 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I cannot understand how anyone can eat blue cheese. I've never got it at all.

I hear that Bacon. I didn't like it until I tried it about 8 years ago. I'm not having any of that cobblers about "Your pallet getting more refined as you age" they say that about olives as well and they can still fuck off as far as I'm concerned.Ā 

2 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

Brie is my go to cheese for crackering but you can't beat a bit of Bowland. It's got apple, sultana and cinnamon in it and tastes like Christmas.

I can't have this either. It's ok to put stuff on cheese, but fruit actually in it is a no from me. I like a nice strong cheddar sprinkled with paprika, and possibly with a little bit of apple but the thought of anything in the cheese makes me gip.Ā 

Just now, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I can't have this either. It's ok to put stuff on cheese, but fruit actually in it is a no from me. I like a nice strong cheddar sprinkled with paprika, and possibly with a little bit of apple but the thought of anything in the cheese makes me gip.Ā 

They're not massive chunks, it's really finely chopped. Tastes like Christmas cake. But a cheese.

Ā 

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

What are people's thoughts on cheese with chillies inside? I like the flavour but they tend to have a strange texture I'm not keen on.

I'm wondering if this may be a step too far heat-wise...

Iā€™m not arsed about infused cheese, but I do like a plate with strongĀ cheese, biscuits and some jalapeƱos. Lovely.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

I just love all cheese full stop. I'd even partake in stinking Bishop!

But Top 3 would be Saint Agur blue cheese, BrieĀ  and mature cheddar.Ā  A good suggestion with mature cheddar is to slap a slab in between a thickly buttered hot cross bun.

You will not regret that decision.