SuperBacon

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Is this Carbomb's mirror/heel nemesis? Does he hate overcomplicated food and chocolate and wear really bland shirts?

You know when it's Black Bomber, because I do the double-arm DDT instead of the Mandible Claw.

On 9/4/2018 at 10:09 PM, PunkStep said:

Trust me, I've looked everywhere for one :(

I once went to a Twin Peaks night got really drunk and woke up the next morning with a stolen half eaten smoked cheese pig (although all they'd done was cut a large block of smoked cheese into a pig shape).

Just bought some reblouchon from market, I'm going to make "Tartiflette" Burgers this weekend with home made potato rosti, reblouchon, bacon and pickles (plus you know, an actual burger). I am quite excited already.

Buratta is just waiting to be the next big thing. Weatherspoons will do a shonky buratta salad by 2022 (philadelphia spread on tesco essential mozzarella) 

Edited by organizedkaos
Too many a's, too many a's

• Paid Members

One thing I remember from the 90s that nobody seems to do any more is Bavarian smoked cheese with mushroom. That was gorgeous. Plenty of places still do the regular smoked cheese, and also one with ham, but no mushroom 😕

53 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Yeah you definitely need to elaborate more on this! A Twin Peaks night? What did it entail?!

It was fairly odd, especially being about 8 years ago it was my first realisation that lots of other people really liked TP (I feel like in the last 5 years it's been more front and centre as a cultural icon). It was held at a local little independent cinema that does a lot of events / gigs / film theme things.

They showed assorted Twin Peaks curiosities in the cinema (the coffee adverts, the sesame street parody, stuff like that) and a band played noodley, jazzy versions of themes from the soundtrack. I think they showed FWWM later but at the same time had DJs playing Twin Peaks inspired music in the bar (lots of rockabilly mostly with the occasional dark ambient thing thrown in) which is where we were all hanging out. Some people wore costumes and there was a costume contest. That was the more normal side of it.

They also clearly had got a bit abstract with what they could do for entertainment. The following things happened

*) "Twin Peaks" burlesque. Which was pretty much just a burlesque dancer doing a strip tease wrapped in plastic, but seeing as she was wrapped Laura Palmer style she didn't really have a lot of freedom of motion so she mostly sidestepped left and right in time to music whilst the plastic kinda fell off roll by roll

*) Someone performed the Ben and Jerry smoked cheese pig / burning the ledger scene with two basic sock puppets (googley eyes stuck on socks) whilst doing both characters in a kinda "Mickey Mouse is very excited" voice. The smoked cheese pig would later end up in my possession, I'm not sure how

*) There was a "Twin Peaks sensory experience" which involved being blindfolded and then smelling coffee and pine air freshener whilst a woman read some poetry.

*) A lady sang Toxic by Britney Spears translated into welsh and then collapsed (echoing the scene in Mulholland Drive)

It was a very fun evening probably moreso due to the DIY nature of it all. I managed to drag quite a few friends along, several of whom had never seen Twin Peaks and were thus even more confused by what was going on.  Everyone was pretty chilled out (even those in costume) which made it easier to deal with, I've seen videos of the UK Twin Peaks conventions and despite my massive obsession with the show they fill me with no desire to go due to hyperactive zealot fans..

Edited by organizedkaos

• 11 months later...

I never buy grated cheese as it’s for lazy bastards, but there was a packet reduced tonight to 12p, so I bought it.

Got home, realised that I really had nothing to eat it on, or with, so I resorted to just pouring it in my mouth like a bag of crisps, over the sink. 

A new low to be honest.