Top Wrestling Twitter

Devon Malcolm

55 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Fuck sake. Absolutely mental. Over the past six years, my idea to move to America, even only temporarily, has decreased in enthusiasm and political moves like this further fuel that.

Without going too far off topic, the crazy thing is that we're seeing people arguing about this in the US, positioning it as men vs women, and I've even seen race brought into it, when the reality is that it's religious head cases being given power to implement laws based on their faith.

Governor of Alabama Kay Ivey has been quoted as saying;

That’s why as Governor, protecting religious freedom, and our values, remains my top priority. And make no mistake: our Christian values are under attack.

I'd like to think the vast majority of individuals of sound mind understand that there's a place for abortion in a modern, non-religious zealot society. The majority of women and men understand this, and I don't believe some Twitter trolls looking to ruffle feathers are indicative of how people in general feel.

Where we're making a mistake is believing this is a "sit down, shut up if you have a penis" situation, because it isn't. It shouldn't just be women who are taking up this fight, it should be every bugger who has a shred of common sense about them. Those women who wish to abort an unborn baby are all the daughter of a father, the sister of a brother, and so on. 

Plus, guys are just as responsible for the act of pregnancy, so why the fuck should we get a free pass when the big decisions are made. We need to step up and help out in this kind of situation.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, David said:

Plus, guys are just as responsible for the act of pregnancy, so why the fuck should we get a free pass when the big decisions are made. We need to step up and help out in this kind of situation.

I think that's the issue, as whenever I've seen this topic debated online it is usually pro-life men arguing against both women and men who are pro-choice. Nash's tweets are directed at those men feverishly fighting for their 'Christian values' but not giving a damn about the context, repercussions or helping support the child once it is born. It's almost like saying if all men didn't have a say on the matter, then Pro-Choice would be an overwhelming outcome.

9 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

I think that's the issue, as whenever I've seen this topic debated online it is usually pro-life men arguing against both women and men who are pro-choice. Nash's tweets are directed at those men feverishly fighting for their 'Christian values' but not giving a damn about the context, repercussions or helping support the child once it is born. It's almost like saying if all men didn't have a say on the matter, then Pro-Choice would be an overwhelming outcome.

It's the religious grounding in some parts of the US that's mainly to blame, with "pro lifers" chatting the shit they've had drummed into them since childhood from the good book. The murky waters are distracting from the real argument, as everyone is getting hung up on why guys shouldn't have a say if their wives or girlfriends get to abort their baby (hint; those guys will get a say, and they know it. If their wife or girlfriend is aborting children without their knowledge they have far deeper issues to deal with)

Sadly, most of the arguments I've seen people having aren't pinpointing the religious beliefs of the figures in authority, and the fact they're implementing laws with those religious beliefs in mind. 

And they say that the Middle East is backwards for running shit according to a religious text! Fuck me! 

The problem with focusing on religion in the debate is that it’s essentially saying “lol your fairytale book is a load of primitive bullshit, don’t take it seriously.” We (as a society, not individuals) still have to pretend to respect religions in 2019, and this sort of thing highlights how we don’t really respect them. We’re telling people that we have a stronger moral compass than their god does.

Although God has killed nuffnuff unborn children in his time, considering that in kayfabe he’s behind every miscarriage.

You often find an even split between pro lifers being men and women. I think Nash is just pointing out that men in general should maybe listen to women on this. Anyway his responses to the trolls who came at him were worth it alone. Big Kev seems way more left wing than I ever thought he would be on Twitter.

That video of Vince is horrendous. He looks dreadful.