Top Wrestling Twitter

Devon Malcolm

• Awards Moderator
Just now, Carbomb said:

Ah, yeah - I guess that would make him WWE's Babe Ruth, rather than wrestling's in general. Cena's been with WWE proper for about 16 years, I think - debuted on the main roster roughly around 2003?

That is what Vince called him in the tweet!Ā 

Cena debuted on Smackers in July 2002 against Angle. Got a brief mini-push that summer, droppped down the roster until he rapped at Halloween, got an attitude change and the F-U (named to annoy Lesnar in storyline, I think) just before Mania XIX (but only rapped on Heat on that show), and by summer 2003 was the full-on Doctor of Thuganomics.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

That is what Vince called him in the tweet!Ā 

Yeah, 's what I was referring to in the last post - I realised that's what he was saying. Often forget to differentiate "WWE" and "wrestling", which shows just how successful McMahon's been.

23 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Cena debuted on Smackers in July 2002 against Angle. Got a brief mini-push that summer, droppped down the roster until he rapped at Halloween, got an attitude change and the F-U (named to annoy Lesnar in storyline, I think) just before Mania XIX (but only rapped on Heat on that show), and by summer 2003 was the full-on Doctor of Thuganomics.

Yeah, I remember the whole "Your finisher's the F5, well, mine's the F-U" rap. I knew he didn't get his first WWE title until WM21 against JBL, which was in 2005, and he got the US belt on the WMXX card.Ā 

• Awards Moderator

Cena worked a Smackdown dark match in January 2001.

(if you've never read them, daprice's Observer Rewinds are outstanding. Perfect work poo break stuff. Go demolish the back catalogue. And then your own back catalogue. )Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Onyx2

12 hours ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

"And then the whole arena cheered!"

jFFv449.png

Just seen the footage. Innocuous looking spot, ref trapped in the corner gets superkicked. Well done to all involved for what I assume was on the fly, Drake taking a heel kick bump to set up the reworked finish. Footage in spoilers if I can get it to embed.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, bigfoote said:

Just seen the footage. Innocuous looking spot, ref trapped in the corner gets superkicked. Well done to all involved for what I assume was on the fly, Drake taking a heel kick bump to set up the reworked finish. Footage in spoilers if I can get it to embed.

Ā  Hide contents

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Kudos to him rolling over and make the count, despite his foot pointing south.

• Paid Members

This account has tweeted a few lovely Mean Gene outtakes recently. I notice the location is given as UK, so it's probably one of you lot, isn't it?

Also, #thread as the kids say.