Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Paid Members

Picked up a Chippy Tea from our usual haunt tonight. It seems to have gone a bit shit since Covid. Just wasn't the same as before and they didn't even put a fucking lemon in! 

20200807_195732.thumb.jpg.1957fe37c3b00565d7d80d439d88ed49.jpg

On a brighter note, the misses asked for Fish Bites and was given this unit

20200807_195531.thumb.jpg.749ed026181746931ad17291a385b08f.jpg

I've never ordered Fish Bites before. Is this normal? I was expecting  a few chicken nugget sized pieces. 

Anyways, fuck Covid. 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Silky Kisser said:

Just wasn't the same as before and they didn't even put a fucking lemon in! 

Expecting fruit from the chippy? Strange times we live in. I suppose “blame covid” could be trotted out. Since everyone got bored of “blame Brexit.”

• Paid Members

That feeling of biting in to a starchy, undercooked chip is horrid. Like nails on a chalk board. 

The chips from this place usually look pale, but they've always been soft and fluffy chunks of goodness. They weren't undercooked last night, but something was certainly off. 

Also, Lemon squeezed on battered fish is top drawer and I won't hear another word about it. 

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

First takeaway in 18 weeks. Amazing doesn't come close.

EC0061D0-2C82-4A2E-A0B5-631D686876E4.thumb.jpeg.e58b92eb2c5b72faa403fff0669bd5ec.jpeg

I'll give you 18 weeks is a long time...but come on mate, those chips are paler than a Magic The Gathering tournament and the fish looks like it was caught shortly after its life began.