Red Dead Redemption II

Chest Rockwell

Guessing that Chapter 4 will be the last, so before I get stuck into it, thought I'd try and hunt a legendary animal.  Was north of Strawberry as I thought the elk would be a good place to start.  Didn't even find any of its shit so switched to binoculars.  I probably delayed on my reacting to inner dialogue of "What the fuck is that growling noise" and didn't put the binoculars down.  Thankfully, the big fuck off bear that mauled me to death put them down for me. Tried again and after the cougar pounced on me quick time, I felt like Bart Simpson when he licked the subway pole when they went to New York.

Some fucker killed my horse.  Now I've got some bog standard one again, it's a heart breaker.  Is there a good way of getting a decent horse besides paying through the nose for one if you can find one at a Stables?  Any tips?

Also, I told that ex-gf to do one when she asked for my help.  Were her missions worth it?

In the second mission it's the age old awful rock star tailing mission but after it you can take her to a show and put the moves on her. It adds a bit to Arthur's story.

As for horses you can find a variety of types in the wild and go through the arduous task of tracking and breaking them in. There's all sorts and I imagine typing "location of rare breed horses in rdr2" in to YouTube would bring up a more helpful guide.

10 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

If you want to experience something pretty weird then go check out the people at the house at Aberdeen Pig Farm. 

On my way back to base in chapter 5 I experienced something similar to the pig farm and

the screen went blank and I woke up with all cores empty  but all my money and goods intact not knowing what happened although the fella was very 'friendly' when luring me in to his shack.

Edited by Mr_Danger

Carbine repeater, duel wielding Volcanic pistols and a pump action shotgun for when I'm outlawing and whatnot. Bolt action rifle and bow and arrow when I'm hunting. 

I've just started chapter 3. I don't know if it's because I played the first game so much, especially online, but I'm finding combat a doddle. One shot head kills with the aim and flick technique is making the missions fun and easy, but not very challenging. I might have a tinker with the control settings. 

What I love the most about this game is how often you get sidetracked. I had a free morning and empty house yesterday. My intention was to get through the story a little bit and have the chance to actually listen and concentrate on the dialogue without background noise and talking. But I found a kayak up North East where I'd been hunting last, got in it and spent twenty minutes guiding my way through the rapids, and when the river opened up I found a row boat. Started popping off gators and fishing for big quarry on my boat until I got to Saint Denis. Then I wondered if I could get across to the coastline at the far East side of the map. My boat sank and then I drowned. Spawned at the coast of Saint Denis, went shopping for a new suit, played some poker, got arrested for disturbing the peace or some shit and then my wife came home. 

What a morning. 

Edited by Steve Justice

So my only real criticism of the game is poker. I wish the algorithm was a bit smarter. It's not difficult to clear up at a table.

And the skip button is inactive during the point where there's a winner and passing the cards to the next dealer. It's a bit annoying and it would be better if we could just skip all sections other than when it's your turn to do something.

• Paid Members

My only real criticism is how shit and boring fishing is.

Things are getting pretty heavy in the main story for me at the moment. Some incredible missions but everything is going to shit in the camp. So I've just gone off exploring for the meantime. Found an old cabin in the woods with just an angry old woman inside who thought I was her moonshine dealer. She then got pissed off at me so I shot her in the face. Bit worried the rest of her moonshine crew are gonna' hunt me down.

Also, fuck the Murfree Gang...creepy inbred psychopaths. I hate whenever they turn up anywhere.

Edited by LaGoosh