Red Dead Redemption II

Chest Rockwell

4 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

You thought a scientist was manipulating the weather? What do you think this is, Lost??

Just finished chapter 3. Fuck me, things are really picking up. The last 2 or 3 missions were excellent. Rockstar are telling one hell of a story here.

I mentioned it before but when you posse up to go to the Braithwaite house and the music starts, fuck me that was incredible.  You KNEW shit was going down. Breathtaking stuff. 

Just got to the start of the epilogue. Man, what a story it has been. I felt mostly sad through parts of it, in a good way I guess. As I got closer and closer to what I figured would be the endgame I started playing in shorter bursts, just a mission then off again, because I didn’t want it to come. I had to legit switch it off and go for a walk because everything’s changed and I wasn’t ready for it, even though I knew it was coming. Pretty cool that a game can make you feel these things.

And yet, I’ve still barely touched so many parts of it. I haven’t crafted a thing, not carried out sessions of simply fishing or hunting, have barely found any treasure or taken down gang hideouts...plenty still to explore. 😊

I've been playing this today and trying to do some hunting to get the different satchels. I have struggled with the controls in places, because some of the buttons are context sensitive, I've had L2 held down to give my horse a pat after getting on my horse and punched my horse instead. Later on I accidentally started choking a bloke instead of getting on my horse because my character was focused on the stranger talking to me.

I think it's all about choosing the right gun and being the right distance. If you use a Bolt Action rifle to kill a rabbit, you'll basically blow it up and won't get a perfect pelt. Same with trying to kill an Elk with a Vermin rifle. You'll have to shoot it about 20 times to kill it which will result in a poor pelt.

I reckon the optimum way to get perfect pelts is one shot kills.

3 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Any tips to get perfect pelts? I just bought a varmint rifle with varmint ammo in Saint Denis, will this help? I've only managed a couple of perfect pelts before now.

I just use deadeye and go for headshots. I've just been using the bow and arrows, with the improved arrows.

3 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Any tips to get perfect pelts? I just bought a varmint rifle with varmint ammo in Saint Denis, will this help? I've only managed a couple of perfect pelts before now.

Use your binoculars and study the animals, it'll tell you what you need to kill them with and each individual animal has a star rating so kill the 3 star ones and make sure you hit their weak spot which is often the head. Later levels of Dead Eye will also show you where exactly.

The first thing you need to do is go just north west of Strawberry and begin the arduous task of locating the legendary Buck. Once you find the area you might see the hud pop up and tell you it's too busy to locate it so just set up camp a few times. When you finally get a trace and locate it you get your heaviest weapon and dead eye the shit out of it and take the pelt. Legendary animals dont take damage to pelts so just kill the fucker any how. Take the pelt or the horns to be exact to the fence and he'll make you a talisman that will increase your chances of getting perfect pelts.

The trapper also has a pop up shop near the Buck location if you want to give him the pelt but be careful because it's in cougar territory by way of the legendary Wolf who you don't have to hunt too hard as it will usually find you.

As for regular pelts then improved arrows are your best bet.

• Paid Members
On 11/24/2018 at 11:31 AM, Mr.Showtime said:

Just got to the start of the epilogue. Man, what a story it has been. I felt mostly sad through parts of it, in a good way I guess. As I got closer and closer to what I figured would be the endgame I started playing in shorter bursts, just a mission then off again, because I didn’t want it to come. I had to legit switch it off and go for a walk because everything’s changed and I wasn’t ready for it, even though I knew it was coming. Pretty cool that a game can make you feel these things.

This post is one of the reasons im still sticking with the game. Other than helping Lenny, i not invested in it at all. None of  the missions have gripped me and i find myself riding around for hours doing alot of nothing and getting bored. 

Onward and upward

Edited by quote the raven

59 minutes ago, zep81 said:

I only wanted my damn horse :(

I finished at 86.5% total completion and I reckon a good portion of what I missed was from St. Dennis. I hated it. It's a brilliant addition to the game but I was so immersed that I hated being around large crowded areas. I had a share of the box office from the catch the dwarf side mission, I had the final stage of the executioner side mission that would have paid me off and I think the horny painter guy said the painting he gave me was worth something too but I just avoided it like the plague.

• Paid Members

I arrived in Saint Denis recently and I hate it there. I think I've actually become Arthur. It's a horrible city, which is the point, so they've done a good job in that respect. It feels like a cross between an Assassin's Creed city and the town from Bully.