Red Dead Redemption II

Chest Rockwell

• Moderators

So, first gameplay trailer is up. I figured this is definitely a game with enough hype and interest to generate enough direction for its own thread. It's actually not too far away now... Only a few months!

The voiceover is fucking terrible and I don't know how they possibly did something this bad for a company that's usually so savvy with its marketing. However, the game itself looks gorgeous!

• Paid Members

I'm looking forward to the buildup and all the general chat that goes with it. The GTA V anticipation thread on here a few years back was great fun. Too bad it pretty much died a death after the game drops. Hopefully it doesn't happen with this. 

It didn't die a death, we were all too busy playing it to post about it!

One thing I hope that carries over from the last game is not being punished for dying loads in the multiplayer, you could still progress nicely without needing a raitio higher than an upset Jamie Carragher's voice.

• Paid Members

Slight diversion, but what did people think of Undead Nightmare? I loved Red Dead Redemption, but gave Undead Nightmare about half an hour before getting bored with it as it just seemed to be the same thing over and over.

• Paid Members

I always played RDR as a total white-meat babyface. I would always hate it if I got myself into trouble for accidentally shooting or stealing where I wasn't supposed to, resulting in a bad rep and a bounty on my head. It's just not in my nature to want to be the bad guy in that kind of game. I guess it's why I never bothered much with the GTA games. It looks as if I might not have a choice through parts of RDR2 though, although obviously there are moral decisions to be made as the gameplay trailer alludes to, and I'm sure these will become key to the plot as the game progresses. I haven't bought a new release game in many, many years but I might have to pick this up before too long. It looks incredible.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, JNLister said:

Slight diversion, but what did people think of Undead Nightmare? I loved Red Dead Redemption, but gave Undead Nightmare about half an hour before getting bored with it as it just seemed to be the same thing over and over.

Yeah it was very samey, just dealing with waves and waves of zombies. Was quite fun for a short while though.

I'm so pumped for this game, it looks gorgeous. The community/camp thing looks really interesting. Can't wait to explore the vast world.

• Awards Moderator

My big thing on RDR was that I had the same horse throughout the entire game. We had a bond; if he accidentally died I would have to switch off and restart so I didn't lose him. Then in the coda section the first thing that happened was he got mauled by a bunch of cougars. Let the past die.

I got attached to my horse until I accidentally led him off a cliff and he died breaking my fall.  I was so upset I very nearly didn't skin him and take the horsemen to sell on.

I thought Undead was like most zombie related things, boring.  It did have that Bigfoot bit though and that was the most emotion generated in the whole add on.