Red Dead Redemption II

Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

I went with Dusty Rhodes. 

Unfortunately wasn't able to sculpt my fella in his likeness, so just ended up with a fattish, blonde wiggled, rustler whom I don't really like looking at, so I paid $9 to hide his face in a beard and now I'm broke.

Named my horse Sweet Sapphire, too. 

I got the Scott Steiner treatment when I tried to access multiplayer last night - no access, still coming soon.  I guess the legend of the Night Touchers has them running scared.

1 minute ago, Loki said:

I got the Scott Steiner treatment when I tried to access multiplayer last night - no access, still coming soon.  I guess the legend of the Night Touchers has them running scared.

I thought you got early access if you played it on the day of release?  That's how I got online.  The Night Touchers WILL ride again.

So far online I have mostly been getting killed. Playing the good guy in story mode has not prepared me for the online atmosphere. I have not enjoyed the very early missions. What should be straightforward (steal a wagon, return it to the guy) turns into a boring death-respawn-death-respawn-they blow up the wagon-mission over cycle. Trying not to moan about it too much right now though knowing these things could be reworked over time.

12 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Fuck online, I'll moan about it as you can see it'll be pay to win garbage like how GTA V became. The in-game economy is already one hell of a grind to the point it's no fun so just wait till you can buy cash.

Yeah that sounds right I suppose - I only played GTAV online for the first year or so, so I can’t compare what it turned into really.

• Paid Members

Ive read so much hate for online.The cost and the grind seem to be putting most off. I've not had any bother though. Most people have left me alone to do my own business and the others have been perfectly cordial. Some dude even ran up and slung an Alligator pelt on my horse.

Outside of the one versus series I did, all my time has been spent hunting and scavenging . There's a bridge N/E of Rhodes has plenty of Deer, Rabbit, Gators and birds that that is 2 minute sprint to the Butcher. I've been hanging out there whenever I've played this weekend.  Good fun.

Edited by Silky Kisser

On one of the game podcasts I listen too they said someone had worked out it would take 6×8 hour sessions to earn enough to buy a standard horse. 

I'm not in to grind and I'll probably just lounge around doing the odd mission when I get chance but the thing that does interest me is having a living breathing story mode. Hopefully they can make it so there's something for everyone and not just those who have an abundance of time and/or money. I'll happily lay down money for a Red Dead 1 expansion pack or whatever the version of Undead Nightmare is, probably Cowboys vs Aliens.

So how are we all getting on?

I'm on chapter four STILL but I've a feeling something big is about to go down. 

I've basically been trying to get a load of collectible shit out of the way in anticipation so been riding Bitty McLean all around the outback killing all the legendary animals, fishing all the legendary fish and finding all the dinosaur bones (I can in all three subjects at the moment without straying into those big red areas of the map that I'm assuming will come into play shortly) and Tonight I've just boxed off all the treasure hunting, rock carvings and the dreamcatchers although YouTube defo came in handy there. 

There's no way I'm 100 %ing this but I'd like to get as much done as I can as I can't see me giving this another play through for a very long time! 

Still don't think I'll be done by Christmas! 

Edited by Stinky Dad