Red Dead Redemption II

Chest Rockwell

• 3 months later...
  • Paid Members

Anyone been on? I had a look over the weekend having not touched it since Christmas. 

Towns seem more populated and the defensive mode makes just wandering around exploring a little easier. Every single person I encountered was in defensive. Didn't see one red dot. 

Played a little bit of poker. So many people playing without having a clue of the rules/objective. Some dude kept max betting before the flop every hand so I hung around there and hustled. Cleaned up nicely. 

Edited by Silky Kisser

• Paid Members

I waited till it dropped to below £30.  £29.99 at Argos, so doing a bit of shopping tomorrow.  Off work next week too, so can really get into it.

I used the money from selling it the first time round to buy other games that I wanted to play. I've finished with those games now, sold them and used the money to buy RDR2 again. 

I'm about £4 up and have played through 2-4 games with the same money. It's pretty common that people do this.

For the life of me I'll never understand why people buy digital only games when they cost so much more and have no resale value at all. Literally doing yourself out of pocket purely for convenience.

• Awards Moderator
17 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

convenience

That's it. I can't be arsed to be scowled at in GAME getting back 4% what I paid for it (admittedly I very rarely buy new releases). And then the game is always there without having to store a bunch of discs somewhere. 

• Paid Members

I've no interest in reselling games most of the time, you don't get much from them unless they're decent games- but the decent ones are those I'd want to keep and re-play anyway. Also if you wait for an Xbox sale, you can get digital copies just as cheap as a physical copy on sale. Plus I don't want a horde of discs in my house and I can't be arsed changing discs either. Digital copies for me.

I'm not a disc hoarder. I only play one, possibly two games at a time anyway (not simultaneously). When I'm done with it, it's gone. Most of the time I sell them for pretty much what I bought them for. On the odd occasion, more (I bought FIFA 19 for £18. Sold it for £30). I'll occasionally purchase a digital copy of a game if it's cheap.