Red Dead Redemption II

Chest Rockwell

3 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

I am a bit of a germphobe.  Never buy second hand as the previous user might have been wanking a tramp before they sold it to me.

I had a good reply to this, but Flickr is down for maintenance so I can't link a photo that demonstrates what a couple on their wedding day may have done to a disc before selling it on.

I paid £10 extra for a digital copy just for the convenience of not having to change discs. If anything, having to change discs, clean discs, repurchase and sell discs or make sure kids don't scratch discs is inconvenient.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I had a good reply to this, but Flickr is down for maintenance so I can't link a photo that demonstrates what a couple on their wedding day may have done to a disc before selling it on.

Ha!  In yo face biatch!

• 1 month later...

Finally got this for my birthday a couple of months back. Installed it once I'd finally finished with Assassins Creed Odyssey, and I'm in the second chapter.

When does it get good? I'm finding it tedious as hell so far. The time taken to get from one to mission to another is really annoying. Why can't I run through the camp? Don't get me wrong, it's a gorgeous looking game, but dear Lord, I get bored as hell playing it.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Grecian said:

Finally got this for my birthday a couple of months back. Installed it once I'd finally finished with Assassins Creed Odyssey, and I'm in the second chapter.

When does it get good? I'm finding it tedious as hell so far. The time taken to get from one to mission to another is really annoying. Why can't I run through the camp? Don't get me wrong, it's a gorgeous looking game, but dear Lord, I get bored as hell playing it.

I'd say Chapter 3. Chapter 1 is very brief to get you used to the controls, chapter 2 gets you used to the gameplay and different things you can do. It really kicks in from chapter 3.

4 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I'd say Chapter 3. Chapter 1 is very brief to get you used to the controls, chapter 2 gets you used to the gameplay and different things you can do. It really kicks in from chapter 3.

Cheers - I'll give it a little more time, but it's bloody hard going when you're this bored as a cowboy!

1 hour ago, Grecian said:

Cheers - I'll give it a little more time, but it's bloody hard going when you're this bored as a cowboy!

Maybe concentrate on unlocking fast travel, it'll help. It does feel like it takes ten minutes to get anywhere but I'm one of the people who would stop and help snake bite guy every single time so i was all in on every part of the game.

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2018 at 9:33 PM, Mr.Showtime said:

So far online I have mostly been getting killed. Playing the good guy in story mode has not prepared me for the online atmosphere. I have not enjoyed the very early missions. What should be straightforward (steal a wagon, return it to the guy) turns into a boring death-respawn-death-respawn-they blow up the wagon-mission over cycle. Trying not to moan about it too much right now though knowing these things could be reworked over time.

When Red Dead online first came out I used my 14-day PS Plus trial and as mentioned above, I hated it. Fast-forward to now, having read there was a proper defensive mode and obvious additions now it's out of beta, I've given it a second chance finally. So far, I'm finding it much more enjoyable. First off I had 7 months' worth of Rockstar goodies waiting for me at the post office since I hadn't been online that whole time! After a few days I've only been kicked offline once, which for my location and terrible connectivity in general is really good. There's a big update coming this month setting out three distinct roles for players, if they want to focus more on bounty-hunting, collecting rarities, or setting up a trade (or all three). Anyway, much improved so far!

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Anyone checked out the new update? There's a shit ton of changes included. 

I spent a few hours messing with the new Trader role. It's pretty much the same as the CEO stuff in GTAO, but I had a good laugh with it. Looking forward to trying out the 2 other modes. 

Grinding so I can get a Dog for my campsite. 

On 9/11/2019 at 12:30 PM, Silky Kisser said:

Anyone checked out the new update? There's a shit ton of changes included. 

I spent a few hours messing with the new Trader role. It's pretty much the same as the CEO stuff in GTAO, but I had a good laugh with it. Looking forward to trying out the 2 other modes. 

Grinding so I can get a Dog for my campsite. 

Yep, set up the trader and the collector one, will no doubt start the bounty hunter one soon enough.  This game is bloody gorgeous.