Red Dead Redemption II

Chest Rockwell

The John and Arthur relationship is really great. I hope (and I've encountered nothing to lead me down this path so its purely speculation) Arthur doesn't end up biting the bullet in order for John and family to leave the outlaw life.Ā 

If anything I want Arthur to survive just so he can be Clint Eastwood inĀ Unforgiven and go help Jack defend a town against badduns in RDR3. I also want to add a Native American ranch hand and have the three playable characters GTAV style.

The last mission in Chapter 3 was superb, or should I say the build up to it. Ā The dialogue, the music, the sense of what was to come, just brilliant.

1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

The John and Arthur relationship is really great

It really is, really sowing the seeds of division that was the storyline for the first game.

3 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I liked the fishing trip in the boat, that was fun- the good guys rowing out and having a laugh

I came here to mention this very sceneĀ - my favouriteĀ so far which made me smile. And it was an optional task, I'm glad I took it on. Fishing was rock bottom on my list of things I was looking forward to in the game but after a couple of goes I really enjoy it, weird!

My good guy schtick is generally going to plan so far, until one little accident with the controls. In the weird scene underneath a gun shop, they give you different controls for some reason when handling weapons - I pressed the wrong one and the guy who really shouldn't have been dying got his chest caved in at close range. Whoops.

39 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

Thats the second time Iā€™ve tried to be nice and ended up killing someone innocent.

I dumped his body in the river, but it floated to the top. Iā€™m starting to enjoy it now itā€™s no longer feels itā€™s on rails.

How are you getting on with Red Dead 2 though?

Was riding back from the jailbreak mission in chapter 2, and came across what I thought was a shack, turned out to beĀ the ruins of a town. Googled it to see what other people had said, and the results were all about the gold bar glitch. Has it been patched in the last few days, or have I just fucked it up? Not only are the unlimited gold bars not showing up for me (the loot box is empty), but the original one I picked up doesn't seem to be in my possession either.

I think I might end up liking Arthur more than John as a main character.

Dutch reminds me of Paul Heyman. He's clearly talking shit most of the time but I still find myself hanging on his every word.

Wonderful game. The "realistic" stuff hasn't bothered me one bit.

Currently on chapter 3 and I'm loving the slow build to the inevitable shit hitting the fan moment. There's a tension about the gang that's just brilliant.

• Paid Members

Weapon of choice so far lads?Ā 

Bolt Action Rifle for me. Like the first game, the stopping power is a amazing. Bit slow on the reload and it doesn't carry much, but it's all kinds of fun and usually a one shot kill.Ā 

I really like the custom revolvers from one of the earlier missions too. Nice little things.Ā 

Edited by Silky Kisser

• Paid Members

I've not really used any shotguns. They're never something I go for in any kind of Rockstar game to be honest. And with the combat being more outdoorsy in Red Dead, they never get a look in.Ā 

Might have a little look at the pump action later.Ā