Red Dead Redemption II

Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

Has anyone worked out what is more beneficial? 

Killing an animal and then just loading it on your horse and flogging it? 

Or killing an animal, skinning it first then flogging the left overs? 

Obviously, you can carry more pelts on the horse than you can full animals. But just wondering what's best for maximising profit. 

Pro tip. If you're traveling long distance on horseback. Stick the camera in cinematic mode and you'll make progress to your distination without having to manually control Arthur, whilst taking in the beautiful scenes. 

If you get ambushed or a stranger interraction starts, you'll need to grab the pad. 

Edited by Silky Kisser

• Paid Members

So how is everyone getting on? 

Safe to say it's really lived up to my high expectations so far. Not sure how many hours I've putting in, but I've just started chapter 3. Trying not to bomb through the story and spend as much time pissing around hunting and fishing as I can. Everything is just so beautiful and I lose myself in the scenery sometimes. God knows how long I've just spent watching animals in the wild and looking for perfect pelts. 

Only thing that bugs me is that your rifles/repeaters seem glued to your horse. Many times I've dismounted and ran into a fire fight with only pistols. Im sure that'll get patched soon though. 

Can't wait to get home from work. It's taking over my life. 

Yep, absolutely loving it. The mechanics are really nice, and the health and stamina elements are a nice touch to stop button bashing. 

Agree on your weapons being in the saddle is a bit of an issue. I'm happy for additional weapons in the same category to remain saddled and to select your preference before dismounting, but a weapon from each category should always remain in your weapon wheel. 

Here's a little tip. Rather than paying off your bounty for the full amount, spend as much as you can on supplies, ammo etc. and then go and surrender. As long as the amount your carrying is below your bounty value, the old bill will only take what you have and the rest is essentially written off. 

I paid $47 instead of $220 last night. 

7 hours to progress the story 3% last night. I like hunting. I've just started reading Arthur's journal via the clunky mobile app. Gives really good insight and adds layers to the story.

I really like Arthur. A lot of the minor negativity that had been said about the game is of how Arthur is just a bad dude irredeemable but I don't see that at all. He's a product of his environment and reading his journal shows he does have a sense of morality.

• Paid Members

Yeah, no doubt about that. Arthur reminds me a lot of Marston. "We're bad guys, but not those guys" 

Dutch comes off pretty well during the opening bits and early on too. The wheels are already falling off though. Motherfucker is quick to tell us to make some money for the gang. Don't see him making any donations though, the prick. 

I'm digging the hunting side of it, and checking the ledger it seems I'm the only fucker donating.  It does say that if you upgrade Dutch's lodgings then others will though, so might have to do that and see.  Not too far into the story yet, just had to get Micah out of the big house in Strawberry and I think he's a dick.

• Paid Members

Yeah upgrade King Dutch's lodgings and the rest do tend to pull their weight a bit more. You'll still feel like you're doing the lions share though. Lazy fucks. 

Pro tip. You don't need to use binoculars to see if an animal will yield a perfect pelt. 

You can just view them through your Rifle scope and it will tell you there. Much easier to just blast their face off there and then and not have to worry about losing the bugger as you switch from binoculars to your gun. 

• Paid Members

Pfft. Bow and Arrow? Amateur. Bolt Action rifle slug to the dome fixes everything. Everytime. 

Micah is a prick, but there's an Irish lad that makes him look like Ghandi. I'm sure they've modeled him on Conor McGregor. He doesn't fuck stop.