Red Dead Redemption II

Chest Rockwell

7 minutes ago, Astro Hollywood said:

How big's the install size? I deleted about 100gb in preparation, but it's currently installing the first disc (and downloading a 3.6gb update) and already taking up almost 90gb. Hope the second disc's way smaller, or I'm going to have to delete Witcher 3 without finishing it.

On Xbox, if that matters.

It will say 90GB overall but each disk is around 45-49GB. On PS4 it has a divider that let's you know where it's up to on the installing disc and progress overall. Top whack it should be about 110GB.

I don't know how long my PS4 will last, it's making rocket noises/whirls just installing.

Edit: Beaten to it.

Edited by Rule One

3 minutes ago, Astro Hollywood said:

Guess I'll find out when the first disc finishes installing in [checks screen] ten thousand years.

According to Gamespot it's the digital download on ps4 that requires the extra 50gb for installation so you should be fine.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Was GTAV a similar process, install disc one and play on disc two?  My girlfriend has an Argos card so she has ordered it for me and I can pay her back over a few months interest free.  What a lovely thing to do!

Yes, there was definitely an installation disc and a playing disc for Xbox 360. It took my knackered Xbox about 3 hours and multiple attempts (the laser was on its way out) to install.

They've got a box planned for next year that is just streaming. Not sure they'll ever go full diskless but with the Google streaming service reports of Assassins Creed Odysesey being pretty faultless on the beta trial we're probably only a couple of years away from being able to play top range games on shitty tablets and phones.

• Paid Members

I have no qualms with them going completely disc-less. It will surely make the console much smaller and lighter and without the need of a massive great noisy fan, right? I try to buy digital games where possible anyway. A lot of games are cheap enough in an Xbox live sale if you wait for a bit, but new releases are still bloody expensive though.

• Paid Members

Is anyone else having any install issues? I've cleared early 300gb of disk space of my old PS4, and twice now it's got so far into the install process and given me an error which meant I had to start again?

• Moderators

I have a vanilla Xbone and a PS4 Pro. Xbone is the worst for graphics/performance, but all my friends have that so I have to get it on that if I want to play with them.. dammit. I might just wait a while and see if online is any good and if they are playing much before deciding which format to buy it*

Is it going to look significantly worse on Xbone after I have been used to PS4 Pro for a while now and just played God of War, or it is like the difference between 4k and HD where I can't even tell the fucking difference anyway?

* there is obviously no chance I'm waiting that long, and I'm talking nonsense.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

Is anyone else having any install issues? I've cleared early 300gb of disk space of my old PS4, and twice now it's got so far into the install process and given me an error which meant I had to start again?

Not yet, but this post gives me flashbacks to GTA4 release day, when I was dying from hype and my discs refused to install. Got there after a few hours, but that was a bad day.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Astro Hollywood said:

Not yet, but this post gives me flashbacks to GTA4 release day, when I was dying from hype and my discs refused to install. Got there after a few hours, but that was a bad day.

Finally managed to get disk one installed on the 4th attempt. Just hope the second disk doesn't do the same thing now. Saying 55 minute, so I might just bob an episode of Deadwood on to get in the mood...

Edited by Cod Eye