Red Dead Redemption II

Chest Rockwell

Yeah that gold bar has a glitch too where you can get it 30 times if you do certain stuff whilst picking it up but that's cheating!

Does anyone bother with fast travel? I tried it once to see what it's like but I'm scared I'll miss out on some great npc shenanigans and I really like just travelling around on Super Glue my trusty steed who I constantly have maxed out amount of horse medicines for just in case.

Oh and when online hits I'm totally creating the character of Spuds O'riarty the Irish rogue who goes from town to town stealing cheese from the general stores.

Edited by Mr_Danger

7 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Does anyone bother with fast travel? I tried it once to see what it's like but I'm scared I'll miss out on some great npc shenanigans and I really like just travelling around on Super

A lot of the times i avoid these side missions when going to a mission because like today i came across 2 guys with a safe and once i killed them i couldn't open it because i had no dynamite. Can't seem to buy any either.

Edited by W35ty

That happened to me too. I placed a marker, then went to hunt the legendary buck, tracked it over a hill then shot a bloody giant elk thinking I had gotten the buck. Took the pelt to the fence in Emerald Station realised I had an elk and not the buck had to go all the way back then realised I forgot to buy dynamite for the safe.

@W35ty you get dynamite from the fence.

Edited by Mr_Danger

On 10/31/2018 at 1:50 PM, Silky Kisser said:

Yeah upgrade King Dutch's lodgings and the rest do tend to pull their weight a bit more. You'll still feel like you're doing the lions share though. Lazy fucks. 

What happens if you don't?  I mean, if you don't continually supply the camp with money and food?  Unless I missed it, it's never been explained why you have to do all this resource management.  Does everyone starve to death?

The same with you and your horse - do you need to eat a certain amount every day?  Do you need to feed your horse or can it graze and look after itself?  It's not clear.  As far as I can tell, food and tonics are just ways to get your stats up during a battle, and if you wait long enough they restore themselves.  If that's not the case, it's not made clear anywhere.  The lack of instructions keeps tripping me up.  I genuinely don't know what to do with a kill - give it to the butcher at camp?  I tried putting it down first to sin it and got transported to the other side of the camp.  I then tried to put the skin on my horse, put it on someone else's horse by mistake and got kicked to death as a result  :laugh:

This is my gripe with this game - it feels more like a job than a holiday.  The extra levels of RPG bullshit all open-world games seem to have were thankfully not there in RDR.  I just want to ride about getting into trouble and doing the occasional bit of hunting.

They've had nearly a decade to think about this control system and decided that the button to talk to someone and the button to draw your weapon and point it at someone's head should be the SAME button. I do love Rockstar games but they've never quite developed a decent control system.

• Paid Members

@Loki

I'm not sure what happens if you don't supply the camp. It's likely just a morale thing, so they'll all just be super grumpy compared to just regularly grumpy. 

If you don't feed yourself you become underweight and this will mean you can take less damage and will die quicker and your stamina won't last. Same goes for your horse... You can check you and your horses health status in the pause menu. Sleeping generally fills all your cores back up.

I've found it's best to skin the animal first. That way you get the pelt and meat and can store it easily on/in your horse/satchel. Opposed to just throwing the entire animal on there and limiting your carry space. 

And yeah, I've shot the shit out of people when trying to harmlessly talk to them too. 

Edited by Silky Kisser