• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tremendous focus for a young team against an opponent who were more focused on rattling their cages instead of playing the game for long stretches. 

That said, even though it might be seen as a bit 'anyone but England', I can't see the same performance on Saturday beating Sweden, and certainly I think Croatia would just pick them off.

• Paid Members

Deserved that on the whole.

That Colombian anti-football was just depressing.

I got sick of the refs whistle, even though every blow was necessary.

However I was even more sick of seeing James Rodriguez every other bastard minute.

Over the moon, I remember Italia 90 and then that feeling 6 years later against Spain with Pearce going apeshit. To have that feeling again is joyful.

On to pretty much a Premier League game against Sweden.

EDIT: Still to see that wondersave by Pickford before their goal replayed!

• Paid Members

Don't care about anything else any more. Win, lose, Quarters, Semis, whatever, because we won a penalty shoot-out and I've been waiting 22 fucking years to know what that feels like. The release of tension was incredible when Dier buried it. The pressure on that lad to put it away, and he just fucking nailed it didn't he?

And fair play to Pickford, I've been slagging him off as much as anyone but he had an amazing game and even saved the penalty with his 'wrong' hand. Fucking Bosh lads.

This England squad seem like a decent enough bunch so I'm happy for them, was dreading all the arseholes blaming Henderson for going out had Pickford not made the save. Some good shithousery from Colombia, was it Trippier who just walked off grinning?  Best way to deal with it.

• Paid Members

Fucking hell, I'm an emotional wreck after than. I watched the first half in a bar in Broadgate Circle full of cunts, then in the second half a pub in Liverpool Street, with a much better (and less Brexit) atmosphere. The Mina goal deflated everyone in the pub so much, it mirrored the players' performance in the first half of extra time.

Jordan saving that penalty, and then Dier burying his, is the first time I've screamed THAT loud in joy for an England game since...well the last time we played Colombia competitively. What a feeling.

I'll make a post about the match itself when I've calmed down tomorrow, but in the meantime I'll just add that Southgate has impressed me so much in so many areas so far. Well done to the man.

@Keith Houchen yeah it was Trippier, loved the way he laughed it off. He's had an outstanding World Cup so far.

Archived