• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Whatever cunty thing Ramos said to Cheryshev before he took his penalty (and you know full well he did, which is why he picked the ball up after HIS penalty), I hope he was nice and smug in response to him after the game.

1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Spain, Portugal, Germany and Argentina all gone. Madness. Someone is winning a trophy for the first time in years here.

It's amazing, really only Brazil and France left as 'recent' winners, even then France were 20 years ago now. Only other winners are England and Uruguay.

What's really great is that either Russia, Croatia, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Columbia or England will be in the final; only Sweden and England have done so before and thoseĀ wereĀ 60 and 52 years ago respectively.

• Paid Members

I was hyping Uruguay before the tournament and i'm still a fan but there is a dramatic drop off quality on the bench which i fear will hamper them. Especially if Cavani injury is serious.Ā 

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, Fox Piss said:

I was hyping Uruguay before the tournament and i'm still a fan but there is a dramatic drop off quality on the bench which i fear will hamper them. Especially if Cavani injury is serious.Ā 

They've got some highly talented youngsters, although I'm shocked they left one of them (Valverde) out of their final squad. Unlike the Chile's and Colombia's of this world, they seem to be in a much stronger position long-term. The team for the next decade will be built around Torreira, Bentancur and Valverde.

But yeah, without Suarez and/or Cavani this tournament, they will struggle to win games.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I thought Diego Rossi might be an outsider for the squad, he was superb for Penarol last year. I was amazed when he left for Los Angeles FC, was sure he'd get a spot somewhere decent in Europe. But they're certainly packing aĀ weak bench and they need to keep their best forwards fit especially.

• Paid Members

As said before, I think we're getting the final on Friday- France VS Uruguay. Whoever wins that I think will go all the way.

Croatia showed real signs of weakness last night - even though they were playing against dire, Nordic anti-football - and Colombia haven't been as good as expected. Although Russia dragged a 0-0 out of Spain yesterday, Spain have been pretty shit since the opening game and they never looked like winning the tournament thereafter. I think that late Ronaldo equaliser must have affected them mentally. Uruguay showed the class between Russia and any of the other top teams in the group stages.

However, if Brazil (who to be fair haven't been bad) can step up a gear then it'll be hard stopping them- I think they will favour a semi final VS France rather than Uruguay for sure. It'll be interesting to see a proper Belgium side against top opposition to see how they fare. I'm not throwing England into the mix for fear of jinxing them, but I am quietly confident, though. Not buying into this Briefcase rubbish of 'they will never get a better chance'. How the fuck would you know that?

Archived