• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Keith, has anyone ever told you that you look a bit like Chakotay from Voyager?

No, probably because I look more like Tuvok. 

I think England will get to the final but once they play a half decent team like France or Belgium again, they’ll get battered. 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

I'd love a comfortable 2-0 but it just won't happen that way for us will it?

Bonus!

That was a professional performance. Maguire, Henderson and Lingard being the standouts for me, as well as Pickford for his saves.

Our back three, although prone to the odd mistake here and there, looked resolute in that game and each seem to be growing in confidence game by game. Kyle Walker should thank Southgate for prolonging his career at top level by changing his position, a masterstroke, Stones looks like the Centre back he was touted to turn into and Maguire is my player of the tournament for England.

Absolutely thrilled for England there! I was only 2 weeks old the last time they made a world cup semi final so this is one of my favourite footballing memories already!

Only downer for me has been supporting England as an Englishman living in Scotland and having to deal with all the miserable cunts up here.

• Paid Members

If we win this thing, there will be fucking films made of Gareth Southgate (played by the actor who played Andy Sugden in Emmerdale) about his journey from penalty miss to World Cup glory. You couldnt write it. The last time we were in a semi final of anything was 96, when he missed that penalty. Would be an amazing story.

Unreal performance from England. Just calm as you like. I've seen good players completely bottle games like that. But this squad has no fear. It's great to see.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Divorced Dad said:

Only downer for me has been supporting England as an Englishman living in Scotland and having to deal with all the miserable cunts up here.

Imagine that, the Scots not being thrilled at England doing well!

• Paid Members

I've completely forgotten: do they still have the 3rd/4th place playoff in the World Cup? If so, how late are the English players going to be getting back to their clubs (assuming they don't make the final)?

9 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Imagine that, the Scots not being thrilled at England doing well!

It's ridiculous the amount of people of my Facebook posting shite about #anyonebutengland and talking about how they just can't bring themselves to support England when they have no reason to be biased against England other than being miserable cunts. 

Were it Scotland, Ireland or Wales in this position I'd be thrilled for them. 

4 minutes ago, Divorced Dad said:

It's ridiculous the amount of people of my Facebook posting shite about #anyonebutengland and talking about how they just can't bring themselves to support England when they have no reason to be biased against England other than being miserable cunts. 

Were it Scotland, Ireland or Wales in this position I'd be thrilled for them. 

There's the fact that Scotland vs. England is quite literally the oldest rivalry in football, but hey, what do I know, I've only lived in England since I was five and endured near constant abuse about how shite Scotland are for all that time. Of course there's ways of doing things, but I don't begrudge anyone outside of England for not wanting to support them. Do you think many Man Utd fans were begging for Liverpool to win the Champions League final?

Incidentally, I don't remember too many England fans being hugely positive when Wales made the semis of Euro 2016.

There's not supporting someone though and then there's actively being a bigot which is what I've experienced over the past few weeks. 

Also from the England fans that I know everyone was positive about Wales making the semis and wanting them to do well. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

There's the fact that Scotland vs. England is quite literally the oldest rivalry in football, but hey, what do I know, I've only lived in England since I was five and endured near constant abuse about how shite Scotland are for all that time. Of course there's ways of doing things, but I don't begrudge anyone outside of England for not wanting to support them. Do you think many Man Utd fans were begging for Liverpool to win the Champions League final?

Incidentally, I don't remember too many England fans being hugely positive when Wales made the semis of Euro 2016.

While I completely agree that Scotland/Wales/Northern Ireland shouldn't be expected to cheer on England, and in they're well within their rights to wish us all the failure under the sun, I would estimate that about 75% of England fans were cheering on Wales in 2016. 

• Paid Members

It's not literally the oldest rivalry @Daaaaaad! It is the oldest rivalry. Also if you follow this link here https://www.ufwc.co.uk/results/ it will show you the lineal World Football Champions dating back to that very first game in 1872. Croatia are currently defending that title against Russia. 

Archived