Jamie Oliver

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Seems to me that they have. For example, my local shop now sells what used to be a £1.69 2l bottle of it for £2. The special offer on the smaller bottles has gone from 2 for £1.50 to 2 for £1.70. I've definitely seen an increase since the sugar tax.

I think your local shop have used it as an excuse to ramp up their prices across the board. It definitely won't be Pepsi's doing- for the non sugar Pepsi products that is. They'll have ramped up the cost price for standard Pepsi no doubt. If Pepsi had raised the non sugar product prices, the major multiples (supermarkets, major pharmacists etc) would've followed suit (or even contested it to the point where Pepsi would change their minds). Plus, PepsiCo would probably have trading standards on their case.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

I was in Tesco at the weekend and to balance it out, they have 500ml bottles of Diet Pepsi and Pepsi Max, and the comparatively comically sized 325ml regular Pepsi.

I did wonder why Lucozade hadn't been effected, but this thread has answered that question.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I think your local shop have used it as an excuse to ramp up their prices across the board. It definitely won't be Pepsi's doing- for the non sugar Pepsi products that is. They'll have ramped up the cost price for standard Pepsi no doubt. If Pepsi had raised the non sugar product prices, the major multiples (supermarkets, major pharmacists etc) would've followed suit (or even contested it to the point where Pepsi would change their minds). Plus, PepsiCo would probably have trading standards on their case.

The special offer bottles are labelled as such by Pepsi in print and packaging production, so they did for sure raise those prices.

I don't care if ordering pizza and drinking fatty pop is lazy and unhealthy. I do care that some cunt is telling me not to do it and making it more difficult to do so. I work hard and I'm a fucking grown man, I should be able to do what I want within reason and pay a fair price to do so. Fat mouthed cunt.

• Paid Members

Proof that Pepsi has indeed increased their prices. Maybe its nothing to do with the sugar tax but the timing is suspicious. Previously, a bottle like this - printed and packed by either Pepsi or a company Pepsi uses for that stuff - would be 1.69.

20180520_220504.jpg

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

They must have different priced stock for small independents, because you only ever see prices as part of labels for soft drinks in newsagents, small convenience stores etc. They don't have them on bottles sold in supermarkets strangely enough, and the prices have remained the same. Bizarre.

Maybe this might finally deter you from drinking twenty fucking litres of the stuff every day???

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Maybe this might finally deter you from drinking twenty fucking litres of the stuff every day???

We can't let Oliver win!

Cans of Monster have gone up by 15p everywhere.

10 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

We can't let Oliver win!

Cans of Monster have gone up by 15p everywhere.

The smaller corner shops around here seem to have stockpiled the price marked £1.19 ones. Homebargain/BnM are still your best bet for 89p non fatty, £1.00 full fat Monster.

• Paid Members

Just watched Mr Sloberchop’s latest show.  He did a cracking recipe with butter puff pastry, pesto and chicken that I will be giving a try, but I can’t see how it can be any healthier than a pizza.  He kept going on about it being an occasional treat, but so’s pizza to a lot of people.  A mite hipocritical.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

He doesn't like turkey twizzlers and now he doesn't like Tony The Tiger he's got it in for. Perhaps the fat younger twat doesn't like alliterative T's. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/jamie-oliver-cartoon-characters-unhealthy-foods-cereal-ban-remove-video-youtube-a8377116.html