Jamie Oliver

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Because a fair few threads tend to wander off into discussions about him regularly, thought I might start one dedicated to him instead.

And start it off by posting something about him being a twat obviously.

• Paid Members

*rolls up sleeves*

There's an article from The Guardian in 2012 that I think most of you can all relate to. To summarise: as much as everyone wants to hate Jamie, it's impossible to do so. You can all keep trying, but deep down that cheeky rogue smile, on his tongue-filled mouth, makes you all feel warm inside.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/jul/05/jamie-oliver-cant-help-cheering

I think this closing quote from the article rings true:

The fact is we need more Jamie Olivers. We're lucky to have the one we've got.

Amen to that, brother.

• Paid Members

What the world quantifiably does not need right now is more sanctimonious tosspots with messiah complexes. Burt Bacharach sang a song about it.

I'l write at greater length when I'm at a desktop as to why the PunkSteps and Onyx's of this world are biblically wrong on this later. It's not the campaigns, some of those make sense, it's the fact that he is a twat of the highest magnitude.

• Paid Members

For me it’s got nothing to do with his tv content, his jowls, or whether or not 15 minutes is really how long it took him to cook a salad, it’s the fact he tells people to change their lives, heed his advice, and challenge those who oppose... providing of course that it’s in line with what his sponsors are promoting at that point in time. Whilst I’m in fully agreement about energy drinks and the negative effects they have on kids, he’s a fucking PR stunt prepping for the exodus of sugary drinks. 

Aye, but he could have said this years ago when the rest of us knew it was bad shit and that it was clearly having a massive impact on the behaviour and diets of kids. But the fuck wit kept hush because Waitrose sold it... now they have said they are going to stop selling it to under 16’s, the human spam fritter decides it’s time to pipe up. It’s not fucking news, it’s just time to promote none-sugary drinks.

• Paid Members

I hate him. 

Now don't get me wrong, he's not all bad as I can appreciate the point of view he's a good cook. However he's an infuriating TV host, 'just bosh that in' and 'just whoosh it in the pan' and as a result I hate any show he's on. His restaurants are not for me from what I've seen and his constant attempts to get himself as the face of saving the people from themselves is patronising, frustrating and the act of a total cunt. 

He always feels like a try hard, a desperate pathetic try hard. 

Edited by Tommy!

Watched a show he did in the US once and it was alright. He's top of the "stupid celebs who give their kids stupid names" list, however.

I can take or leave him. I hate Gordon Ramsey though. Overrated arrogant loudmouthed bastard.

• Paid Members

He was at Legoland the day I visted. This was before he had any kids, so it was just him and his "Jules". 

Initially I walked past him without realising it was him, but my attention was grabbed by him making an exaggerated effort to not draw attention to himself.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

He was at Legoland the day I visted. This was before he had any kids, so it was just him and his "Jules". 

Initially I walked past him without realising it was him, but my attention was grabbed by him making an exaggerated effort to not draw attention to himself.

JOO.png

• Paid Members

As per my usual JO observation, a slobbering twat who has written some of the greatest, useable cookbooks in history.

As for Gordon Ramsey, hypocritical craggy faced twat who writes completely shit cookbooks.

To paraphrase Stewart Francis, "You know who gives kids a bad name?  Jamie Oliver".  Fuck him and his sneering at the working class, there is nothing cheeky about a salad either.  Fat tongued mockney cunt.  Eathy Thiger.

Fuck me you lot are miserable bastards. He is trying to stop the young kids from being fat and unhealthy (which most of you lot probably are)

You say it's a bad thing. Sounds like jealousy to me. He has got more money than you lot, better career and his wife is better looking than anything you lot have ever sniffed.

Let him get on with it guys