The Old Poster Ouija Board

Carbomb

• Paid Members

@jimufctna24 PM’d me around the time he stopped posting. He didn’t go into detail and I didn’t wanna pry but I got the impression he had some personal stuff going on at the time. I just told him to take care and reach out if he ever wanted to talk. Hopefully he’s ok, just looked at his profile and he hasn’t been on here since October 2021. 

• Paid Members

@Jaffa is another one, a good dude. We used to hang out a bit, but he went quiet. Don't think he ever had a FB, and couldn't reach him on his mobile. Was hoping @Fatty Facesitter might still be in contact with him, but turned out not to be the case. Hope he's alright.

Edited by Carbomb

• Awards Moderator
29 minutes ago, Loki said:

At the risk of sounding boring, the login issues are also why the Ouija thing doesn't really work - even if their account was set up to email them when they're mentioned, it's an account they presumably forgot all about and hence couldn't log in.

True and a good point, but they could also receive an email if they did set up the alerts and whilst they may not choose to follow up or be unable to - for whatever reason - it may give them a lift knowing people are concerned for/asking after them.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members

I think it’s sometimes just the nature of forums.  I was on a very active one a few years ago on a different subject I enjoy, and made some incredibly good friends on there, who became real life friends and after meets, all became Facebook contacts.  As the ones I enjoyed are now my regular chats on Facebook, so the forum just became less and less used.  I think I’ve only got one of you lot on Social Media, so I still come on here for the fun and frolicks.

• Paid Members

Having forum people on Facebook etc is all well and good, until you start posting things like "Doing a big shit the wrong way round that font you big benny on the loose!!" under pictures of their first born's Christening.

6 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Having forum people on Facebook etc is all well and good, until you start posting things like "Doing a big shit the wrong way round that font you big benny on the loose!!" under pictures of their first born's Christening.

Something I found out to my cost a few years ago when I posted a picture of a purchase I was very excited by, only for @Sheriff Buford T. Justice to shit on me from a great height, quite rightly, much to the amusement of my non-forum friends.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Carbomb said:

@Jaffa is another one, a good dude. We used to hang out a bit, but he went quiet. Don't think he ever had a FB, and couldn't reach him on his mobile. Was hoping @Fatty Facesitter might still be in contact with him, but turned out not to be the case. Hope he's alright.

Really miss him. We were connected on Facebook I think but he presumably took his profile down. He's a massive Swansea fan and knowing he was originally from Norfolk and moved to London I've played detective a few times but had no joy in tracking him down. 

If you're reading this Brownie/Jaffa, come home son ❤️

Hey, it’s Steaky. Started popping back on here a while ago and saw some kind posts asking after my wellbeing. Thank you to anyone who did. 

Stopped posting on here a couple of years ago after some personal issues peaked. It was like a very messy Road to Wrestlemania. 

Anyway things are much different - 2.5 years sober,  still in Liverpool and things are going very well! 

Nice to see most of the same people are still posting on here. Would be nice to see some more surprise returns in this thread!

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Still alive and still a cunt, just not posting shit here anymore.

FYI I don't get emails from tags on here, a mate posts and mentioned this.

If you want to keep in touch outside the board, drop me a DM and I'll send you my number. Lovely to see you around.