Movie Trailer Thread

bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

I sort of hope it's a miserable failure so that all the Ghostbusters sexists who subjected everyone involved with Paul Feig's version to the most appalling abuse get to be pointed and laughed at.

Feig's Ghostbusters was fine. Forgettable fluff to watch with the kids on a Sunday afternoon. That's not good enough for the weird hardcore fans of 80's notalgia stuff.

This one has Paul Rudd so I'm already on board but I don't expect it'll be much better nor worse than the last reboot. I'm 35 and the magic of the original is lost on me forever now.

• Paid Members

The third Ghostbusters wasn't awful because of the female cast, it was awful because the writing and direction frequently bordered between terrible and boring. It would've been the same dull, lazy movie had it starred the original cast or an all-male cast or a mix of all three.

I dig the 'Stranger Things' vibe that this one has, but as Pat pointed out, the Ghostbusters were flash-in-a-pan working men who were mainly in it for the money and who wouldn't look out of place manning Paddy's Pub. If the Ghostbusters are this celebrated, legendary entity in this new movie's universe then the whole point has been missed entirely.

• Paid Members

Or maybe it’s not for us?

The Force Awakens and Jurassic World did a great job of creating a remix of earlier films mixing old cast with new and pandering to both old and new fans. 

maybe this will be less for the old fans and more for a new audience 

That was actually pretty good in terms of getting me interested in a Ghostbusters film after the dud that was the Feig effort (my tuppenth - it's not crap because woman; it's crap because literally every character in it is so FUCKING stupid). Rudd, bearding up and obviously getting even sexier, as the aging niche fanboy is a good hook - the idea is nobody remembers who the originals were, like a flash in the pan craze, not legends. Having the lad from Stranger Things is pretty on-the-nose zeitgeist casting, but they've managed to get a couple of jump scares in while the effects are clearly very early in production. Even the slow reveal of Ecto 1 is deliberately for us, but fact is it is a seriously cool looking car, so why not?

New Top Gun trailer

Despite it sounding like the Undertaker is about to enter at the start, this is still looking great.  I place a lot of faith in Tom Cruise's producing nowadays - he'll have got this script polished to shit, and got a good director in.

p.s how come YouTube embedding doesn't work here any more?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...