Movie Trailer Thread

bAzTNM#1

Everyone’s search engine after that trailer.

spacer.png

Im convinced there’s a good film to be made by David Ayer, he clearly knows his way around a script but when it comes to directing he can’t self edit and he lets style get in the way. End of Watch wasn’t too bad.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Im convinced there’s a good film to be made by David Ayer, he clearly knows his way around a script but when it comes to directing he can’t self edit and he lets style get in the way. End of Watch wasn’t too bad.

I think he can direct a really good action scene. The battle scenes in Fury are amazing. It's just everything else he does. This looks promising though and he's got some lads in from the John Wicks to do choreography on the fight scenes.

• 3 months later...
  • Paid Members
22 hours ago, Merzbow said:

This comes out tomorrow with Daniel Kauuya and Kibwe Tavares co-directing, maybe one for the Top Boy fans as out boy Kano is leading. Ian Wright's in it too.

It was pretty decent but the genuine highlight was Ian Wright, who was actually really good in his role. Plays a DJ called Lord Kitchener.

For the particular attention of @Bellenda Carlisle, here's a tiny trailer for Nicolas Cage's next horror film (although he's probably got 17 other films queued up) called Longlegs, from Oz Perkins. Also stars my fiancee Maika Monroe.

• Paid Members
On 1/19/2024 at 6:20 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

For the particular attention of @Bellenda Carlisle, here's a tiny trailer for Nicolas Cage's next horror film (although he's probably got 17 other films queued up) called Longlegs, from Oz Perkins. Also stars my fiancee Maika Monroe.

Thanks! I didn'tknow about that one. I love how varied his projects are at the moment, he can do anything. He said recently he was only going to do a handful more films then maybe move into TV, hope he was exaggerating and does both cos I do think him doing a prestige TV series would be interesting and I'd like to see him do something long-form but I obviously don't want him to stop doing loads of films. Did you catch Dream Scenario yet?

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Thanks! I didn'tknow about that one. I love how varied his projects are at the moment, he can do anything. He said recently he was only going to do a handful more films then maybe move into TV, hope he was exaggerating and does both cos I do think him doing a prestige TV series would be interesting and I'd like to see him do something long-form but I obviously don't want him to stop doing loads of films. Did you catch Dream Scenario yet?

Saw it at the cinema, yes, thought it was excellent. I didn't realise going in that it was directed by Kristoffer Borgli - he made another film that came out last year, Sick of Myself, which was another really dark comedy and one of my favourites of the year. Dream Scenario is almost as great and Cage is superb in it.

I think it's only really been in the last couple of years that I've got a full appreciation for how good he is, because he has done such an interesting mix and range of projects and has more upcoming. He's shown the range he's always had an not relied on Crazy Cage as much. Really enjoying what he's doing right now, my favourite period of his career. He's gone from being in reliably shit stuff to being in reliably interesting-to-excellent stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m sure the trailer will be along soonish, but in the meantime.

spacer.png

I’m quietly looking forward to this. I’m a big Tim Burton fan and Michael Keaton is never anything less than good. Catherine O’Hara is back, Willem Dafoe is in it and hopefully the guy with the tiny head in the waiting room. 

Burton hasn’t made a particularly great film for some years, but at least Johnny Depp isn’t in it.*

*of course he’ll be fucking in it.

• 3 weeks later...