ITV World of Sport: Tapings postponed until July?

Psygnosis

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, garynysmon said:

This is just what wrestling needs tbh. It might be just me, but the whole industry seems to be getting more and more insular and looking inwards on itself, trying to impress the same old, difficult to please, hardcore fanbase instead of branching out.

I wish it all the best.

Completely agree with this. I knew pretty quickly that the New Year's special wasn't for me, so I just moved on and carried on with my life. You'd have to be a complete goof to complain about it. There's never been more hardcore-orientated pro-wrestling so easily accessible. Something aimed at the mainstream is exactly what the business needs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

My magazine went to the advanced screening of the first episode (embargoed until after the first show..) but we got to speak to a few people including ITV’s Director of Entertainment, North who said that they want WOS to tour amongst other things. 

Full interview chat for those interested -

http://vulturehound.co.uk/2018/07/wos-wrestlings-tom-mclennan-we-want-it-to-tour/

• Paid Members

I have to say, despite my initial moaning about the time slot and worrying it was being buried, the fact ITV have been plugging it so much the last few days and letting people do the press circuit makes me think they are hoping this is a success.

Managed to catch an appearance on Good Morning Britain yesterday by Alex Shane and So Cal Val to promote today’s show. There was a 20 or so second package with clips from the show. Certainly a different approach to the scuffle between Ligero and Zack Gibson the last time around. 

And pardon my ignorance but am I right to assume the same rules on ‘live chatting’ on threads apply to this series?

On 7/27/2018 at 1:13 PM, Weezenal said:

My magazine went to the advanced screening of the first episode (embargoed until after the first show..) but we got to speak to a few people including ITV’s Director of Entertainment, North who said that they want WOS to tour amongst other things. 

Full interview chat for those interested -

http://vulturehound.co.uk/2018/07/wos-wrestlings-tom-mclennan-we-want-it-to-tour/

there is no real reason why it can't tour. I remember as a kid going to see Gladiators live and I was really excited. 

I must say I am quite interested to see how this goes. The guy makes a point that with wrestling you have to gain support from the existing wrestling fan but ITV will want to gain families watching also. 

• Paid Members

I'm aware of the live commentary rules, so you won't get that from me. 

Just wanted to say I've been looking forward to this all day, seriously, and hope a) I enjoy it and b) everyone else does. 

Not going to comment on the actual wrestling due to rules..

However

is anyone else getting a headache from the ever changing camera angles? 

Plus the ring ropes are just as slack as 5 stars were.

rampage makes good rings but can’t seem to ever get right ropes. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Freddyjoe said:

Not going to comment on the actual wrestling due to rules..

However

is anyone else getting a headache from the ever changing camera angles? 

Not a headache but it’s by far the worst thing about it so far

Enjoyed the show, packed a good amount in a short time. Davey Boy Jr vs Ospreay was the highlight and I thought the tag match was good too, which I am guessing leads to Hendry vs Kirby. Hendry was super over and I hope we see more of him in the show. The crater character looks a bit All Star. Heel champ makes sense, have a face chase him until the last episode. Alex Shane sucked balls, but what else is new. 

Archived