ITV World of Sport: Tapings postponed until July?

Psygnosis

1 hour ago, uklaw said:

Though these tapings aren’t over yet I guess the next pertinent question is when the series will be broadcast?

The very little that has come out of the tapings seem to point towards decent-very good episodes that may or may not translate to TV. 

Surely it can't be that long before it comes out, I would have thought the post production will be minimal. Surely one reason ITV will love this is because they got 10 episodes filmed in 3 days.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, thescottishchamp87 said:

So Cal Val was on commentary from what I have read

Doesn't surprise me, she lives in Milton Keynes and is involved when WAW use Epic Studios and also the short lived 5 Star Wrestling program

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators
On 5/15/2018 at 3:43 PM, CliveG said:

Doesn't surprise me, she lives in Milton Keynes and is involved when WAW use Epic Studios and also the short lived 5 Star Wrestling program

Why would you move to Milton Keynes?

34 minutes ago, Tim R-T-C said:

Somebody saying July 21st on twitter, not sure what the source is.

Looks well put together and Saturday night is probably a good time to run it.

Pretty sure July 21st was announced as the date a while back.

• Paid Members

The trailer is good in isolation, but I doubt the actual show will match that consciously gritty/super serious vibe, so it feels like a bit of a mis-step. You don't promote your show by advertising it in a style that doesn't match the product, as it'll only disappoint people. It makes me worry that they might make the same "all things to all men" mistakes they were making in the pilot, where they couldn't seem to work out what their show was.

And I hate "WOS Wrestling". What's the sense of having the World of Sport brand if you're not going to use it? Even as an abbreviation, to say it out loud, "WOS Wrestling" has more syllables than "World of Sport Wrestling" would, and just doesn't roll of the tongue at all. It feels like a conscious Americanism to give the promotion a WWE-esque three initials name. And Americanisms is something else I think they should be avoiding, based on feedback from the pilot.

People who have been to the tapings have generally said it was decent. It will be an hour long show and I hope we all give it a shot, 1 hour isn't going to kill you. 

I hope they get rid of the old footage from it. Keep some family friendly stuff with a mix of serious. 

Archived