ITV World of Sport: Tapings postponed until July?

Psygnosis

On 7/2/2018 at 10:44 AM, westlondonmist said:

It will be an hour long show and I hope we all give it a shot, 1 hour isn't going to kill you.

You should be in marketing.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

5pm isn't that far away from the original timeslot back when it was on World Of Sport. It used to finish about 4.30 then we would go to the football scores. Now it's on just after the football scores. 

You are spot on. But I think that was a decent time slot, in the days of 4 channels, but the viewing figures for that time of day now are awful. Normally have a kids film or clip show on in that slot, when the "real" shows start at 6pm.

From a traditionalist stand point, I love the time slot. Like you say, it harks back to the original. I think I am just fearful if it doesn't generate the ratings, rather then renew it and move it (like they recently did with Alien Fun Capsule), they will just sack it off after this series.  

Its not a great time slot, but its still wrestling on ITV at 5pm on a Saturday, its a pretty big deal. In some ways I think its a perfect time slot for what WOS is, pretty lighthearted and family orientated wrestling. I feel like if they can match the typical viewing figures for that time slot they could eventually occupy a later timeslot when they dont have The Voice, Takeaway, BGT etc on.

Your WOS audience are who were watching tna for years, who go to family shows across the country every weekend and fill all the halls to see the Grados etc entertain. 5pm on a Saturday night to warm that audience up before they go see a show is ideal. Get itv a football scores show lead In and capture that audience as well. I’m excited for it 

When I was a kid 5PM would be dinner time so something would be plonked on to entertain. That being said we now have so many channels and net based options i'm not sure what happens in family households now. My biggest worry is it being shown in July as the target market will be taking holidays, day trips to the beach and who knows what else. At least in the winter months people are stuck at home a bit more. 

• Paid Members

Bloody hell. There's British wrestling on one of the two biggest TV networks in the country, at 5pm, on a Saturday, and folk still aren't happy with the slot! This is the promised land everyone during the 90s and 2000s prayed to their gods for.

Archived