Disney and Other Theme Parks aka PB's fairgrounds for young girls

Nick Soapdish

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

I prefer a launch coaster like Mummy Returns or Aerosmith.  Just about handle Everest.

Everest is one of my favourites. I remember going once and it was so quiet we literally rode 3 times in a row as there was no queue.

The Mummy’s ok and I love the Rock’n’Rollercoaster but mainly because I love Aerosmith. Someone on a Facebook group the other day suggested turning it into a Bruce Springsteen coaster... no offence to Mulv but I’d never ride it again if they did that.

My absolute favourite used to be The Hulk but something changed somewhere over the years and now it really batters my head. I had such a migraine after it one time that I’m afraid to ride it any more.

3 minutes ago, Monkee said:

My absolute favourite used to be The Hulk but something changed somewhere over the years and now it really batters my head. I had such a migraine after it one time that I’m afraid to ride it any more.

Funny how things change. I seem to find Hulk easier now than I used to. Yet Everest gives me an awful headache on the backwards part now when I always used to love it.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I’m recording a podcast about DVC tonight. A couple of owners and some considering it. I know so little about it, but If it’s informative I’ll let you know if DVC is of interest obviously 

I nearly put money down on dvc. Lucky I didn’t. I’ve nailed free dining every time since then.

However with the current Disney stance of cutting every single perk renting points maybe the way forward 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

random request that i thought would be appropriate here.

Ive been collecting the codes from Sun Newspapers for the 2 free Thorpe Park tickets for me and my daughter, ive completely forgotten about this week and i need 3 codes from any of the last 7-10 days. Can anyone hook me up? its a 6 digit code printed on a specific page in the paper.

Edited by Egg Shen

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

So Disneyland Paris today announced The end of Fast Pass and the introduction Disney Premier Access a new service where you can pay for immediate access to an attraction for €8 to €15 per person depending on day/date. It’s not gone down well, but rumours are it will also be rolled out to WDW and DLR within the next 6-12 months. 

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Isn't this just an admission that their paid for batch of Ultimate FastPasses weren't successful?  I suppose there's more chance of people spending £10 to get on Big Thunder than £70 for a book of half a dozen FastPasses where you don't care about 5 of the rides.  However, it's not even immediate, it's still a time slot which makes it even more of a piss take.  If I'm paying per-ride I want to be getting on instantly and be carried to the ride vehicle on a golden throne.  If they wanted to charge something for them I thought that MaxPass in DLR was the best compromise.  I got some value from that in being able to get FastPasses from my phone rather than zig-zagging across the parks to get paper ones.

100% agree on MaxPass. Seemed the perfect blend of value and usefulness with FP and PP combined. I never knew anyone that bought the Ultimate FP because like Air Con in the UK, it’s only really useful about 3 weeks a year. Will be interesting to see if people do fork out for it. IF this was included for stays in club level or suites, I’d understand that, but I bet they won’t. Which also leads to what about those FP’s you got with those rooms. Will those be removed now?

Also, they confirmed today park booking is here to stay and you can only book for 3 days at a time, unless your on-site or have a room/ticket package.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

It's cruise prices without the sea sickness. It's too rich for my blood, considering you need to have a 10 day+ holiday booked around it as well. It just doesn't grab me at all based on the itinerary. I give it 5 years before it is turned into a Star Wars Hotel instead.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

But... what is it? That trailer tells me nothing, unless they have some sort of Bezos deal and are actually going to space.

It's a purpose built "cruise ship" Not as big as an actual cruise ship, and doesn't look like one from the outside either. But essentially a cruise ship which doesn't leave land. It is built just behind the Star Wars section of the Theme Park. You will simulate flying up to it, and coming back down a few days later. But you are stuck in a big metal box for almost 3 days cosplaying as a character in Star Wars.

A WIP shot galactic-starcruiser-star-wars-hotel-construction-aerial-nov-2019-8-1068x712.jpgSome more info here (but outdated a bit by these announcements) https://www.cnet.com/news/disneys-star-wars-resort-will-feature-lightsaber-training-and-much-bigger-galactic-story/

Edited by Hannibal Scorch