Paid Members Gus Mears Posted July 26, 2017 Paid Members Posted July 26, 2017 I try not to overact to Trump stuff, but today couldn't help it. This was so nasty, so retrograde, so devoid of sense. I generally try to tell myself that history broadly arcs towards the future, which it does. However, when things go demonstrably in reverse, I do wonder for a few minutes whether I'll live to see substantive progress. Then I guess I remember that 'Don't Ask Don't Tell' was repealed and buggery isn't outlawed in various states anymore, but that's cold comfort for the poor fuckers who get hammered by this idiocy today on a different side of the LGBT+ spectrum. Political Twitter is a cesspit and I despise the fact that I have to use it for work and as a news source. It debases people of all political hues. The good become bad and the bad become monsters. Reasoned debate goes out the window in favour of a bullying pack mentality and it makes me want to vomit. People don't want debate, they want validation and blood.
Paid Members PunkStep Posted July 26, 2017 Paid Members Posted July 26, 2017 That's a bloody superb summary of politics on Twitter. Or, Twitter in general. Nail, head.
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted July 26, 2017 Moderators Posted July 26, 2017 I can't be dealing with Twitter anymore these days. I'll check it out of there's a particular live event I want to follow reactions to, but on a day to day I don't bother.
patiirc Posted July 27, 2017 Posted July 27, 2017 Well, Trumps certainly trying all the traditional Narcissitic tactics to deflect any thing from him directly. Word Salad and Gaslighting are the big to, so to divert all issues with Russian links and being utterly incompetent, lets bash trans people to defelect from the utter and complete cluster fuck of my presidency. I strongly suspect that the catalyst for this accouncement was the Texan Bathroom Bill Legislation, which basically rolled back rights. With that edict granted, it's like well Texas are doing it so I'm going to legitimise it by barring T service in the armed forces because of, er cost... Which at something around 6.8millon is 0.00001% of the miltary budget.. Nice one Cyril..
Paid Members chokeout Posted July 27, 2017 Paid Members Posted July 27, 2017 There was a great stat that the US military actually spends more on Viagra ($42million) than it does on transgender issues ($8.4million) so the budget thing isn't going to fly for too long.
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted July 27, 2017 Moderators Posted July 27, 2017 Why is the U.S. Military spending anything on Viagra? Is this for vets who are too traumatised to get hard or what?
Guest Posted July 27, 2017 Posted July 27, 2017 He's apparently done this to make sure his beloved wall gets financed, as Republicans were in-fighting over a budget proposal and this money being spent on transgender related healthcare in the military was a bone of contention holding up the bill. So he just went ahead and nuked the problem on Twitter without even speaking with the Pentagon. Gotta have that wall.
Otto Dem Wanz Posted July 27, 2017 Posted July 27, 2017 15 hours ago, Gus Mears said: I try not to overact to Trump stuff, but today couldn't help it. This was so nasty, so retrograde, so devoid of sense. I generally try to tell myself that history broadly arcs towards the future, which it does. However, when things go demonstrably in reverse, I do wonder for a few minutes whether I'll live to see substantive progress. Then I guess I remember that 'Don't Ask Don't Tell' was repealed and buggery isn't outlawed in various states anymore, but that's cold comfort for the poor fuckers who get hammered by this idiocy today on a different side of the LGBT+ spectrum. Political Twitter is a cesspit and I despise the fact that I have to use it for work and as a news source. It debases people of all political hues. The good become bad and the bad become monsters. Reasoned debate goes out the window in favour of a bullying pack mentality and it makes me want to vomit. People don't want debate, they want validation and blood. I deleted the app off my phone a week or so ago because of this, Twitter can be great but it gives you insight into the minds of too many disturbed and dangerous people. I already feel better for having been off it for a week.
Paid Members Sergio Mendacious Posted July 27, 2017 Paid Members Posted July 27, 2017 1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said: Why is the U.S. Military spending anything on Viagra? Is this for vets who are too traumatised to get hard or what? I would assume it's covered in their healthcare package <kennethwilliams.jpg>
Paid Members BomberPat Posted July 28, 2017 Paid Members Posted July 28, 2017 Yeah, US military get a decent healthcare package, so it would likely be to do with that, rather than any field purpose! Unless some of viagras non-stiffy based properties have a military application I'm unaware of.
Paid Members Carbomb Posted July 28, 2017 Paid Members Posted July 28, 2017 26 minutes ago, BomberPat said: Yeah, US military get a decent healthcare package, so it would likely be to do with that, rather than any field purpose! Unless some of viagras non-stiffy based properties have a military application I'm unaware of. "This is my rifle, this is my gun"
Paid Members JNLister Posted July 28, 2017 Paid Members Posted July 28, 2017 The Viagra thing is mainly veterans who get lifetime healthcare coverage. It's not actually that a lot of guys are getting Viagra, it's just that the sheer number of veterans (20 million) and cost of healthcare mean they are spending a lot of money on almost any kind of treatment you can imagine. Erectile dysfunction is a tiny part of that spending; it's just that treatment specifically related to transgender people is an even tinier part.
The King Of Swing Posted July 28, 2017 Posted July 28, 2017 So Senator McCain helped sink Trump's latest attempt to repel Obamacare. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world-0/john-mccain-vote-video-no-obamacare-repeal-bill-us-senate-arizona-republican-healthcare-a7864231.html Would love have been a fly on the wall, in the White House as it happened.
Paid Members Sergio Mendacious Posted July 28, 2017 Paid Members Posted July 28, 2017 Reince gets rinsed.
Merzbow Posted July 29, 2017 Posted July 29, 2017 Kid Rock is running for senate, he even starts his page with "Are you scared?".
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.