It's today then ... (Trump thread)

mikehoncho

• Paid Members

Well hang on now, don't tell me you never looked at Amy Rose and thought, "If life were just a little less cruel..."

It's all about Rouge the Bat.

I saw the words "Bowling Green Massacre" and imagined a group of pensioners being at some championship in the wrong place at the wrong time with Elton Welsby documenting this whole thing in the style of the Hindenburg disaster, little realising it was the name of a town in them there "Yoonited States of 'Murica".

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Moderators

Well hang on now, don't tell me you never looked at Amy Rose and thought, "If life were just a little less cruel..."

It's all about Rouge the Bat.

I saw the words "Bowling Green Massacre" and imagined a group of pensioners being at some championship in the wrong place at the wrong time with Elton Welsby documenting this whole thing in the style of the Hindenburg disaster, little realising it was the name of a town in them there "Yoonited States of 'Murica".

I'd watch it, it's almost therapeutic watching the bowls. Loved the World's on BBC2 the other week.

• Paid Members

Can someone actually explain impeachment, what needs to happen, who can start it, and whether it could actually be done for incompetence. I mean, who is the Presidents boss? (Don't be a smart Arse and say the American people either ;)

I have a book on US politics but it's all the way over the other side of the room.

It's basically a way for Congress to remove a President (or other public official) for treason, bribery, or "high crimes and misdemeanours", which means a crime that specifically relates to being in public office. Exactly what qualifies is very open to debate, but it's generally an abuse of power.

The impeachment is the equivalent of being charged rather than convicted. To impeach a President, a member of the House of Representatives makes a request and it then goes to a committee. If they agree with the request, the whole house votes on whether to impeach.

If they do impeach, it goes to a trial in the Senate, with several members of the House of Representatives chosen to present the case (like a prosecution lawyer) and the President bringing his own lawyers. At the end, all of the Senators vote and it needs at least two-thirds to back a conviction. That means the President has to be politically very unpopular because that will almost certainly require people from his own party to vote against him.

If the Senate votes for conviction, there's no punishment as such, but the President is immediately removed from office. It's never happened: two presidents (Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton) were impeached but acquitted, while Richard Nixon resigned after the House committee approved the impeachment request but before the full House voted for impeachment, so he never went to the Senate trial.

• Paid Members

It would mean Pence became President.

Elton Welsby used to present the crown green bowls on Sky Sports years ago. It'd be him and a camera crew in a beer garden somewhere filming them.

My Mum has a pub and the weekend of the big tournament finals is usually one of her best weekends of the year.

• Moderators

Elton Welsby used to present the crown green bowls on Sky Sports years ago. It'd be him and a camera crew in a beer garden somewhere filming them.

My Mum has a pub and the weekend of the big tournament finals is usually one of her best weekends of the year.

There was LIVE CROWN GREEN BOWLS on BT Sport from the Miners Welfare up the road from me the other week. Was a pitch invasion at the end (One man and a can of Carlsberg, really).

• Paid Members

It's pretty bad form if he's brought his own cans to the pub. Unless they're selling cans to avoid people getting glassed.

• Paid Members

I think it'll be largely sorted by then. The trouble with the recent stuff is that he didn't prepare any of the services for it. They were as much in the dark as the rest of us, and had to scramble to implement his EO. The fool is operating in secrecy. Then expecting the government machine to respond and action his whims.

Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members

I know everyone hates her round here but Melissa McCarthy doing Sean Spicer is incredible work.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/melissa-mccarthy-plays-sean-spicer-going-nuts-on-the-press-in-hilarious-snl-sketch-apologize-to-me/

• Paid Members

I know everyone hates her round here but Melissa McCarthy doing Sean Spicer is incredible work.

[/url]

She's alright by me, I think she's a very good comedy performer- especially by today's standards. She wasn't as good as I hoped in Ghostbusters though, her character was much straighter than I was expecting.

Edit: sorry, realised I was taking things off-topic a bit there

Edited by PunkStep