It's today then ... (Trump thread)

mikehoncho

How was it to realise that you're the other side of the coin to your Dad? It's like a dramatic reveal from a pretty boring film.

The night before my last marriage, there was a bit of a family reunion and to hear my dad, the man who introduced me to trade unionism and Irish republicanism say, "There's nothing wrong with The Daily Mail" is one of my lasting memories of the weekend. That and walking back to the last moments of my insane alcoholic aunt story, I heard "And that's why they cremated her in Slough, because she died of AIDS"

Remember in Foley's second book, when he talked about an interview of his being deliberately misrepresented by an investigative TV report?

Where he was asked about footage of a relatively tame backyard wrestling match, only for his answer along the lines of "Yeah, that looks pretty harmless, I don't see a problem with that" being played over clips of a decidedly more violent tussle involving weapons, etc?

Well apparently that's the level of journalism that Donald Trump based his infamous "Sweden" comments on yesterday:

http://www.dn.se/kultur-noje/nyheter/swedish-police-featured-in-fox-news-segment-filmmaker-is-a-madman/

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-sweden-happened-last-night-based-on-debunked-fox-news-report-a7589031.html

• Paid Members

It's incredibly shocking that he is able to elicit the type of responses he gets at these rallys. How can so many people buy into his shit!? I'm getting reports of people who hold green cards. Yet feel that leaving the country. Even to a non-banned country. Will result in their citizenship being revoked. The culture of fear that he is cultivating is scarily foreboding. It's not funny anymore. This guy is dangerously unhinged.

So Milo Yiannopoulos is utterly fucked right now, it's taken a whole lot of sickening shit to be spewed from his mouth to have everyone distance themselves from him but supporting kiddy fiddlers has done it. He resigned from Brietbart but he was likely about to get kicked out anyway, I imagine they gave him a choice to leave.

• Paid Members

I saw a clip of the Milo's completely bonkers stuff from the Joe Rogan podcast. Joe is some sort of interview savant and lulled the mad fool into that astonishing display of complete idiocy. How do people like that gain any sort of platform? How many people like that are there? Is it better that they are largely under the radar? Scary, scary, times that we are living in.

Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members

He has rather shot himself in the foot over this. Apparently he was abused by a Catholic Priest in his teens, which may be why his view of these things are rather skewed.

• Moderators

I doubt Milo has any real views on anything. He's on the Hopkins/Piers Morgan path of pro-trolling for coins, and probably shocked after all the public racism, misogyny and transphobia that there's still something that can be said in 2017 that will cause people to stop offering him work. Noncing is literally the last thing left that's unacceptable, as he found out when he blundered into it while showing off.

Edited by Astro Hollywood