PowerButchi

Random Thoughts III.

Has a crowd ever done a Cody Rhodes/Country Roads chant? I've got a vague memory of it but can't remember where from.

13 minutes ago, lars85 said:

Has a crowd ever done a Cody Rhodes/Country Roads chant? I've got a vague memory of it but can't remember where from.

Sounds more fitting to a referee instruction: ‚ÄúCody Rhodes, take it home‚Ķ‚ÄĚ

18 minutes ago, lars85 said:

Sounds like something they'd do in West Virginia.

I sat amongst a group of fans at a UK show who were discussing possible chants with each other. Pretty sure they weren't even paying attention to the show itself. It was really really annoying. 

I'll join in one fall but I become increasingly apathetic and irritated by it as the night goes on. 

Also, while I completely 100% agree with the sentiment of "Pick a side" in response to "both these wrestlers/women" it's also shit. 

5 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

I was at a Fight Club Show late last year that featured two tremendous chants that differed from the usual, overused Daddy Cool/KC whackabouts.

Crazy great luchadore Flamita had the pleasure of Hall And Oats 'Man Eater' ("Whoooooaaaaa, there he comes. Watch out boy he'll chew you up. Whoooooaaaaa, there he comes. He's a Flamita!) and the brilliant Meiko Satamura had the distinguished licks of Black Lace (Doooo dooo dooooo! Meiko Satamura! Doooo dooo dooooo! Meiko Satamura!).

And before some of you stomp your feet in protest and rage, YES the chants did add to the matches and YES we were all shouting for our faves too. In fact, that same show had Meiko defeat Kyle Fletcher in a match so heavily laced with story and ramifications that everyone went absolutely batshit when she won. Best of both worlds.

Jesus christ that sounds like torture

2 hours ago, Vamp said:

I sat amongst a group of fans at a UK show who were discussing possible chants with each other. Pretty sure they weren't even paying attention to the show itself. It was really really annoying. 

Was it during a ‚Äúpiss break‚ÄĚ match because I routinely have chatted at shows if the match isn‚Äôt grabbing my attention. Think it is pretty standard that any show will have certain matches which don‚Äôt demand as much attention as others¬†

Hearing that the Bludgeon Brothers are due back soon, and remembering that Bray Wyatt has been doing sweet fuck all for nearly a year, I'm starting to wonder if they'll bring them back as the reunited Wyatt Family. I also can't decide whether it's a good or bad direction. 

Obviously, it's a step backwards, but ultimately I think all three are better as a unit. Especially taking into account their abject reluctance to push Harper as far as his talent deserves. If they won't make Luke the top guy he clearly has the chops to be, then they might aswell use him to drag some quality out of the other two lumps.

The Wyatts are like Rusev and Lana. They were a great act that worked best together and the only reason they were split up was because the writers couldn't think of anything more creative to do. For that matter, in retrospect, how fucking pointless was splitting up Rusev and Aiden English? They didn't even get a PPV match!

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. I really want them to build up a faction as a big deal in preperation for when the Undisputed Era show up. Let the Wyatt Family fuck shit up for a few months, maybe they even take out Shane and/or Hunter, which causes them to announce that it's time to, "Shock the System!" 

Edited by Supremo

7 hours ago, Supremo said:

Hearing that the Bludgeon Brothers are due back soon, and remembering that Bray Wyatt has been doing sweet fuck all for nearly a year, I'm starting to wonder if they'll bring them back as the reunited Wyatt Family. I also can't decide whether it's a good or bad direction. 

Obviously, it's a step backwards, but ultimately I think all three are better as a unit. Especially taking into account their abject reluctance to push Harper as far as his talent deserves. If they won't make Luke the top guy he clearly has the chops to be, then they might aswell use him to drag some quality out of the other two lumps.

The Wyatts are like Rusev and Lana. They were a great act that worked best together and the only reason they were split up was because the writers couldn't think of anything more creative to do. For that matter, in retrospect, how fucking pointless was splitting up Rusev and Aiden English? They didn't even get a PPV match!

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. I really want them to build up a faction as a big deal in preperation for when the Undisputed Era show up. Let the Wyatt Family fuck shit up for a few months, maybe they even take out Shane and/or Hunter, which causes them to announce that it's time to, "Shock the System!" 

Wyatt's mystical non-promos are death. I'm so bored of that character. He's clearly got good delivery but needs to move on. I can't imagine them reuniting the family without retreading the same old shit. So it'll definitely happen now... 

Yeah Wyatt needs to evolve the character into something new. He's a creative guy, so hopefully he realises how stale he had become.

The not pushing Luke Harper will always remain a mystery to me. The guy is excellent. I remember Edge banging on about how great he was a few years back and how he couldn't understand in a company that loves a big man, he was being wasted.

While the Wyatts reuniting may not be the answer, it definitely brings up the question of who Undisputed Era go up against once they're on the main roster. They're so good as a group that they really need a solid team on the opposite side. Although I guess NXT isn't exactly full of them and they've done a good job of putting people together or allowing UE to conquer as individuals and tag.

10 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

While the Wyatts reuniting may not be the answer, it definitely brings up the question of who Undisputed Era go up against once they're on the main roster. They're so good as a group that they really need a solid team on the opposite side. Although I guess NXT isn't exactly full of them and they've done a good job of putting people together or allowing UE to conquer as individuals and tag.

New Day?