The "I've just watched ..." thread

mikehoncho

• Awards Moderator
5 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Those matches all make me sad. Five fucking megastars in waiting and Erick Rowan tearing the roof off those buildings while the crowd fap themselves silly.

So why does it make you sad Rick? 

Thanks for the recommendations folks, I went back and watched them too! I don't recall ever watching Main Event before. All the matches are great but Elimination Chamber definitely edges it. Such intensity.

• Paid Members

Apologies, I thought the reason was obvious. As mentioned above, they've made a mess of all of them. Wyatt, Ambrose and Rollins have their moments but were bigger stars back then. Reigns is the only one who has fulfilled the potential and he has his own problems.

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Apologies, I thought the reason was obvious. As mentioned above, they've made a mess of all of them. Wyatt, Ambrose and Rollins have their moments but were bigger stars back then. Reigns is the only one who has fulfilled the potential and he has his own problems.

I was 90% sure that's what you meant but didn't want to put words in your mouth. The fapping bit threw me,like you hated it. But yeah all 5 are megastars, excepting Rowan who is just a little green at this point next to the others. Rollins is actually bearable like this, popping in to do his daredevil stuff then pissing off. Wyatt looks like a threat. Roman is a God. Ambrose is at his uncontrollable best. And you wouldn't mess with Harper. 

You're right, it's pretty sad how unlikeable most of them are now. 

38 minutes ago, Porkchopcash said:

Yeh good match for what it was, You do know this was a legends match. Not a standard WCW match?

This was when they intro'd Roma instead of Tully i think.

Sorry, reading that back I've worded it in such a way I've made myself to be a massive idiot (I'm an idiot just not a massive one). Yeah I get its Legend Reunion event and this was 1 of 3 matches exhibition matches but i really enjoyed it, especially compared to Sid v Van Hammer, yikes.

• Awards Moderator

Because I've always found Jinder Mahal to be the most unmemorable wrestler in history, I thought I'd read his Wikipedia page to see if it'd help me remember anything he'd ever done ever. It didn't, but it did lead me to this 41 man battle royal from SmackDown in 2011 where he got to the final three, as well as being face to face with Randy Orton..