Agatha Christie's Paige discussion.

IANdrewDiceClay

Should traffic wardens be armed?  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators

The reason it's called two factor is not because it's just another password, but because it's validating something know (your password), and something you own (the physical device). This is what makes it more secure. Just fyi, Keith, if you wanted to know more.

I didn't know shit about this stuff until the current project I'm doing which involves implementing it into the web and app channels for the company.

Haha. Brilliant, Scotty. Surely your lack of shame makes you hack proof?

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

He sent me a video of him taking a shit before. Like, the shit plopping into the bowl. "That one's for you, Herb" (or similar). The worst part is that I wasn't surprised.

If he got hacked, he'd probably pull himself off to the thought of strangers seeing his knob. I know I would.

• Paid Members

He sent me a video of him taking a shit before. Like, the shit plopping into the bowl. "That one's for you, Herb" (or similar). The worst part is that I wasn't surprised.

Poo and plopping is funny though, Herb. That "Doyyyp" noise it makes when it hits the water makes me want to call all my giks Tom Daley.

Just went into the traps and evacuated from my person what looks like an anchor rope belonging to a cruise ship. Sent it to you on messenger there, man.

Poo and plopping is funny though, Herb. That "Doyyyp" noise it makes when it hits the water makes me want to call all my giks Tom Daley.

Just went into the traps and evacuated from my person what looks like an anchor rope belonging to a cruise ship. Sent it to you on messenger there, man.

i'm dying at this  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

• Paid Members

Yeah, it's not hard to catch people.

But the rule of thumb should always be to never click on a link within an e-mail (unless it's a password reset or a sign-up verification that you're specifically expecting). If I get a message from Paypal, I go to paypal.com in my browser & log in manually. I never follow a URL within a mail to log into anything. It's not hard to do. It should be common sense, but it's not.

Edited by herbie747

• Paid Members

Whenever I get bogus emails from Paypal it's to the email address I use for signing up to things with, that I don't have my paypal account with so whoever's sent it will usually get a long-winded reply correcting the grammar and spelling mistakes in the emails.

I'm sure however sophisticated logins and security checks are, there will always be people out there who will see it as a challenge and keep looking for ways to exploit them.

• Paid Members

I like your style. Good protocols you have there. I've noticed a number of phishing emails from an address claiming to be from Amazon. A number of family members have also received them. Be careful people. Some good advice on this page.

Whenever I get bogus emails from Paypal it's to the email address I use for signing up to things with, that I don't have my paypal account with so whoever's sent it will usually get a long-winded reply correcting the grammar and spelling mistakes in the emails.

So you provide them a free proofreading service to make it harder for the next person to spot that it's fake?

I just assume that any email concerning login/security/financial related matters (other than a password reset requested by me of course) asking to click a link is a scam.

Even if the sender knows you by name assume it's a scam. Odds are shady fuckers have access to at least the bare minimum of personal details.

Been plenty of information leaks/hacks over the years. Probably more we don't know about as well.