Agatha Christie's Paige discussion.

IANdrewDiceClay

Should traffic wardens be armed?  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

It is pretty bad form that people would stoop as low as to hack the icloud accounts for shits and giggles and do this to people. There are going to be some very busy lawyers. Hopefully this whole "Fappening 2.0/3 The Revenge" or whatever it's being dubbed is all done and dusted soon.

The bitter irony of the whole thing is that Apple could probably do to employ whoever's done this so they can hopefully avoid something similar happening in future.

• Paid Members

The bitter irony of the whole thing is that Apple could probably do to employ whoever's done this so they can hopefully avoid something similar happening in future.

It's most likely she gave the "hacker" her password in a phishing hack - nothing they can do to stop that, except tell people not to give out their passwords. This isn't some genius at work here spotting vulnerabilities in Apple's code or something.

I am not a fan of the Knights but do feel sympathy for them with what is happening to their daughter. What a rollercoaster they have been on lately, first they get the movie about Paige with Rock and Merchant, then WWE come and run their UK shows in their backyard, then they end us with their daughters private videos being spread all over the internet !. Emotionally they must be pretty shot.

As for people tagging them into video or pictures of their daughter, that is pond life. They are still a mother and father with a daughter they love.

• Paid Members

It's most likely she gave the "hacker" her password in a phishing hack - nothing they can do to stop that, except tell people not to give out their passwords. This isn't some genius at work here spotting vulnerabilities in Apple's code or something.

That's a lot of celebrities, some of whom can probably afford to hire people to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen to, that it's happened to if that is the case.

• Paid Members

It's most likely she gave the "hacker" her password in a phishing hack - nothing they can do to stop that, except tell people not to give out their passwords. This isn't some genius at work here spotting vulnerabilities in Apple's code or something.

If you look at her Twitter account, there's a tweet from a few days before all this where she says some guy (she @'s him) "hacked" her Instagram for her because she forgot the password or something. It's possible she gave the password to someone. Speculation of course.

It's most likely she gave the "hacker" her password in a phishing hack - nothing they can do to stop that, except tell people not to give out their passwords. This isn't some genius at work here spotting vulnerabilities in Apple's code or something.

If you look at her Twitter account, there's a tweet from a few days before all this where she says some guy (she @'s him) "hacked" her Instagram for her because she forgot the password or something. It's possible she gave the password to someone. Speculation of course.

Blimey. Seems there is a misconception still going that only old people fall to confidence scams. That is of course if this is related.

• Paid Members

Apple already have "fixed" it by introducing two-factor authentication. That is, when you try and access an iCloud account on another device, you have to enter a 6-digit code sent to a device it’s already set up on. So even if you have the email and password, you need a 6-digit code from the physical device (iPhone, MacBook etc).

As Herbie says, it wasn’t someone “hacking” or “exploiting” code like a TV show. It will have been via a mocked up email linking to a fake web page asking to “log in” to iCloud that instead sends the submitted credentials to the “hacker”.

Edited by Your Fight Site

• Paid Members

Most people are not internet savvy - even younger generations. Most of us on here are because we spend a lot of time on the internet and are likely nerds too - the thought of falling for one of these lame phishing scams (to me, anyway) is laughable - but it happens a lot. Especially when people are specifically targeted because they can make the e-mail sound less "spammy", and more customised.

And when people on Twitter say their account was "hacked" - it usually just means they were dumb and literally gave someone their password via a fake submission/login/password recovery form (as Khemical just said) - they weren't "hacked" in the traditional sense, where you picture hackers in a dark room typing away really fast with fingerless gloves on. They literally typed their username & password into a fake page & sent it to the hacker. I suppose it is hacking, but not as you imagine it.

"This encryption looks top end - this is some next level shit right here!"
"Then how long will it take you to..."

"I'm in"

3 years ago I got a spam e-mail from Mo Chatra's old Hotmail account, where his account had been "hacked". And I got one from Colt Cabana last year - where his entire address booked was sent the same mail.

Don't click links in your e-mails, folks. You assume this is common sense - but common sense isn't common.

Edited by herbie747

Apple already have "fixed" it by introducing two-factor authentication. That is, when you try and access an iCloud account on another device, you have to enter a 6-digit code sent to a device it’s already set up on. So even if you have the email and password, you need a 6-digit code from the physical device (iPhone, MacBook etc).

As Herbie says, it wasn’t someone “hacking” or “exploiting” code like a TV show. It will have been via a mocked up email linking to a fake web page asking to “log in” to iCloud that instead sends the submitted credentials to the “hacker”.

Thanks for that, YFS. I updated my MacBook and got presented with the two-factor authentication. Me being me didn't have a clue what it meant so I appreciate someone in the know putting it in laymans terms.

• Paid Members

Thanks for that, YFS. I updated my MacBook and got presented with the two-factor authentication. Me being me didn't have a clue what it meant so I appreciate someone in the know putting it in laymans terms.

And google have something similar - I need double authentication to log into my Bitcoin account, and it's through a Google "Authenticator" app on my phone that generates a 6 digit temporary code.