Agatha Christie's Paige discussion.

IANdrewDiceClay

Should traffic wardens be armed?  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

...but if it's not there in the first place, nobody can steal it.

If you don't want to get raped don't wear a short skirt, your honour.

Just in case there was any doubt, that's some heavy sarcasm.

Yeah because rape is exactly the same as consenting to have sex on tape with someone.

Just in case there was any doubt, THAT was also heavy sarcasm.

I was stating a fact, not trying to troll or fan any flames - and you conveniently left out the bit where I actually said that nothing warrants or justifies her having her private property stolen and shown to the world....

...but ultimately, she could have prevented this situation by not having any saucy photos taken of her in the first place.

• Paid Members

How's that a problem?

As it stands, every post is a load of the same tired old jokes about the situation and that's not going to help things.

Ah, I see! Yeah, that's probably not a great idea then. People are just the fucking worst.

Edited by Arch Stanton

• Paid Members

We nerds might be all savvy in regards to knowing the issues around data security and that it's a fucking God damn terrible idea to keep anything on your device that could be potentially used against you, but I know from simply interacting with people that having that frame of mind is a minority thing. You can't place any blame on her for this.

I feel bad for looking tbh.

I was stating a fact, not trying to troll or fan any flames - and you conveniently left out the bit where I actually said that nothing warrants or justifies her having her private property stolen and shown to the world.

I didn't conveniently leave it out, it was irrelevant. If your car gets nicked does someone say, "Well, if you hadn't had a car in the first place!"? Your house got burgled? "Well, if you didn't have a roof over your head in the first place."

You seriously think I was saying she asked for it?

I was stating a fact, not trying to troll or fan any flames - and you conveniently left out the bit where I actually said that nothing warrants or justifies her having her private property stolen and shown to the world.

I didn't conveniently leave it out, it was irrelevant. If your car gets nicked does someone say, "Well, if you hadn't had a car in the first place!"? Your house got burgled? "Well, if you didn't have a roof over your head in the first place."
No but if someone got their house robbed and it was because they left a spare key under the doormat, I would lose a fair bit of sympathy for them.

I was stating a fact, not trying to troll or fan any flames - and you conveniently left out the bit where I actually said that nothing warrants or justifies her having her private property stolen and shown to the world.

No but if someone got their house robbed and it was because they left a spare key under the doormat, I would lose a fair bit of sympathy for them.

I wouldn't.  The Burglar knew what they were doing was wrong.

If you've looked at this pictures or vids or whatever, you've added to the girls torment over this.

• Moderators

If you've looked at this pictures or vids or whatever, you've added to the girls torment over this.

Respectfully disagree. I don't think anyone who had a quick look and then moved on with their life can really be blamed, and they're certainly not fuelling the fire like some folk out there.

• Paid Members

She's a young woman, suffering for having a bit of a laugh in private when she was 20 and first got her dream job in America. Should she have recorded it in this day and age? Maybe not, but whether she did or didnt doesnt mean she deserved this. Let's not get away from the fact she is absolutely the victim here. Its easy to see if she feels suicidal after this shit. Its mortifying really. There's still Francine nip slips online from candid pictures back in 1999 online. This shit is going to be around forever. Its just bullshit if you really think about it.

We've all had a chuckle or two over the odd joke on here and elsewhere about this situation, but I think there's a world of difference between going "lol there's cum on the belt" and absolute cunts sending screenshots of the leaked videos to her Mam on twitter. People like that should really be murdered in some terrible way involving blunt objects over the course of a few days.

This is pretty much what I was going to post. The victim blaming going on in this thread is dreadful.

I actually have a female friend who this happened to. Obviously not in the public eye, which I imagine compounds it considerably, but I've seen first hand how fucking shit it can make someone feel. She and her boyfriend at the time sent a couple of photos to each other then thought nothing more of it. You know, like adults in a human relationship should be allowed to do in peace.

It was only years later she was tipped off that her photos were online. It turned out that there was this awful, creepy website where horrible bastards simply had to list a girl's name and home town, leaving it to hackers to find her Facebook, then go through her iCloud and the iCloud of all her exes. It came close to ruining her. It's so fucking grim. Fuck off the victim blaming.

Edited by Supremo

Respectfully disagree. I don't think anyone who had a quick look and then moved on with their life can really be blamed, and they're certainly not fuelling the fire like some folk out there.

Fair point.