All Purpose Weather Moaning Thread

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

I'm totally done with this weather. I don't think I've seen a drop of rain since May. The soundtrack of this summer is the monotone hum of shitty oscillating fans that do very little to actually keep me cool.

Every year I say to myself that the following winter I'm buying AC, when the prices come down, but I swear on everything that this winter I'm doing it.

We've had some hot summers in the last, I don't know, decade or so but I can't remember the last time it was this hot, this consistently. If it goes on much longer, expect rioting to break out somewhere.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

There was some rain last week - quite heavy, and it lasted the night. But apart from that and a light bit of drizzle lasting a couple of minutes a few weeks ago, there hasn't been any since May, no.

• Paid Members

My brother makes me laugh. He's one of these 'the hotter the better' types. But when it gets hot like this, what does he do? Stays in with the fan on, eating ice cream. Trying to cool down. It's not like he spends a lot of time out in the sun when the weather gets roasting hot, like he supposedly loves. 

If you love the heat, that's fine and dandy. Enjoy it. But some people, like my div of a brother, seem to just spout the 'hotter the better' bollocks because they think it's what they're supposed to say. 

I'm not a big moaner about the heat. It's uncomfortable and my balls sticking to my leg is no fun but we only get 2-3 months of proper sunshine a year tops. It's the night time I find the worst by far. I don't sleep well at the best of times. But when it's all muggy and I'm sweating my tits off all night it's even worse.  

It's bad enough in the day time but you would expect that. Its the night time thats a killer. Struggling to sleep most nights, I'm at a point where I am now going to bed at 2am-3am as I cannot sleep any earlier than that but even at that time its still muggy. Coolest time to sleep is between 6am - 12pm. I am very grouchy at the moment with everyone & everything.

Also didn't get any of the rain last week that some have mentioned. 

It's the sort of weather where I would love to just ride the Tidal Wave at Thorpe Park for hours on end to keep cool. 

• Paid Members

So today (via Twitter and then some Googling) I found out that there was a fire in the Arctic Circle recently: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44871789

If that’s not an indicator that this world is getting royally fucked and something needs to change, then I don’t know what is.

How come normally we have to have a big thunderstorm if it’s been sunny for three days in a row? I’ve got no knowledge of weather at all but I assumed the thunderstorms were some kind of pressure release system similar to the button that Desmond presses in the hatch in Lost, so how has the planet not exploded?

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Walking to the train station and there's quite a bit of wind...but it's warm! Warm fucking wind! What is this madness

I was round by the ExCel centre today, stepped outside and it’s basically like a sauna. Absolutely fucking detest this weather now - certainly no fun for asthmatics.

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members

I'm ready for the biggest, fuckoff thunder storm in history, just to take the edge of the humidity.

To make things worse, I'm being weened off the prescribed Morphine that I've been on for nearly 5 years, so my body is already sweating profusely but with the heat, I constantly look like I've just been pushed in a fucking swimming pool fully clothed. I'm one sweaty fooker!