All Purpose Weather Moaning Thread

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

Going to be a shit winter this one. It's only December and already at Jan/Feb levels of horrible. I'm in an old style Georgian house in Bath with listed single glazing windows and it's fucking freezing. Due in to snow for about 12 hours after 11. I'm wrapping up and shuffling to the supermarket to by all of the food and cooking a fuck-off roast dinner.

• Paid Members

We're got howling winds, double rain and the promise of sludgy snow all day. Just another example of the metropolitan, liberal-elite, luvvy duvvy, South-East getting all the benefits of this country to the detriment of the rest of us.

The cold has legitimated keeping my pyjama bottoms on under my jeans as I go out, so every cloud and all that.

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members

My Mum's pub gets horribly cold during the winter and unbearably hot during the summer. Well, not the pub, but the flat above it. It may be a case of hiding under the quilt in the bedroom binging netflix and Amazon Prime while I'm visiting over Christmas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Paid Members

It's that time of the year where the weather changes from bastard cold to hot as fuck overnight. Supposed to hit 27 degrees round here today, might become unbearable in the office as it was yesterday afternoon.

So let's commence with Gus talking about his sweaty bollocks whilst me and Chest dust off our light coloured linen suits.

• Paid Members

I've already got some sort of heat/sweat mark on the inside part of my thigh, just below the bollocks. Had a long walk in the sun to the doctors yesterday and my jeans combined with sweat to basically sandpaper large parts of my right leg. 

• Paid Members

Glorious weather, yesterday and today. Been waiting through a long, cold winter for this. Going to enjoy it while it lasts (probably about a week).

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

I've already got some sort of heat/sweat mark on the inside part of my thigh, just below the bollocks. Had a long walk in the sun to the doctors yesterday and my jeans combined with sweat to basically sandpaper large parts of my right leg. 

You have no sympathy from me if you make terrible decisions like this! Jeans in this weather?!

• Paid Members

Weather massively picked up about halfway through yesterday, to the point that I started the day having to wear a jumper at my desk, and ended it in short sleeves sweating buckets.

And now it's definitely Spring, because my bastard hayfever's kicked in.