All Purpose Weather Moaning Thread

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

Locked myself in a room on my own today, ostensibly so I can get on with typing up a load of minutes uninterrupted, but also in part because I'm a sweaty hungover mess. It's not as warm as it has been the past few days, but so fucking stuffy at the moment, I'm struggling.

But one of my colleagues just popped in to give me an ice lolly, so it's not all bad.

• Paid Members

I've temporarily joined the 4th floor massive today due to the aforementioned lack of aircon on 3rd floor issue, and it's bloody lovely here. The aircon is flowing to the extent that some of the girls here have wraps around them as they're finding it too cold. It's bliss. The sun is shining, I'm not sweating like a Gatso and I have Friday booked off to go and watch Andy Murray somebody win Queens.

Long may this glorious weather last.

10 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

What were you doing exactly? Sticking your feet out of the window? 

The really white bits didn't like the sunshine but the bits that had been browned already like face and arms were ok.

It's agony trying to walk. I don't see myself being fit for work at the start of next week.

Its winter here and im still in flip flops :-) 

34 degrees is an average summer day for us - get thee to the beach, or get a paddling pool and unload your ice machine into it (theres a reason we all take a month off in January though) 

• Paid Members

Overcast and dismal looking outside. Proper weather. British weather. God Saves the Queen rings off in the distance and not a sign of shorts when looking out into my grey, miserable kingdom.  Stroik ah loight Mary Poppins, British summah iz back.

I've miraculously managed to escape getting sunburn this year. I usually burn at the mere sight of the sun, even if I'm only outside for 5 minutes so I'm quite surprised.

My flat has been horrible though, boiling hot 24/7. I don't have opening windows in my bedroom, no air con, I've had two fans on the go but all they do is blow hot air around. Trying to cook food has been like torture so I've resorted to just eating toast. It's cooler here today so I'm hoping my flat will have cooled down a bit by the time I get home from work

My bedroom is like an oven compaired to the rest of my house so it was lovely waking up this morning with a cold breeze blowing over my burnt feet.

Looking at the forecast 23 is the highest it's going to get for the next few days and nights going down into the mid teens.

• Paid Members

I reckon 23 during the day and mid teens during the night is an ideal temperature unless you're on holiday. I can handle mid 30s if I've got a pool or the sea and an air conditioned room. I can't handle mid 30s living in London. 

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

I reckon 23 during the day and mid teens during the night is an ideal temperature unless you're on holiday. I can handle mid 30s if I've got a pool or the sea and an air conditioned room. I can't handle mid 30s living in London. 

That's kind of the crux of it for me. Dealing with incredibly hot temperatures while living in a city centre is bloody horrible. Wherever you go, it feels like there is no reprieve. I mean, I'm only in parochial Bath and it's a terrible combination even here. Living on the 4th story, it being boiling and having thin, windy streets full of traffic belching out exhaust fumes for you to enjoy (while it heats everything up even more).

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members

I got the overground home from work yesterday. Only two stops, Crouch Hill to South Tottenham. Anyway, the first two trains were cancelled and the next one was delayed by 15 minutes. It was so packed I was being held up by other people. The only time I've ever experienced breathing in air like that was in an actual sauna. And half way through the journey the driver told us the air con had packed in. It was probably the most horrendous public transport experience I've had in years. 

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

STAND BACK. THERE'S A 

hqdefault_1.jpg

COMING THROUGH

Honest to god, you would think the apocalypse is imminent with some of the coverage over recent days. Sky looked a bit weird in the South West this morn, but yet to really see anything out of the ordinary.

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

STAND BACK. THERE'S A 

hqdefault_1.jpg

COMING THROUGH

Honest to god, you would think the apocalypse is imminent with some of the coverage over recent days. Sky looked a bit weird in the South West this morn, but yet to really see anything out of the ordinary.

The sky is a bit mucky up here, but it's Newcastle, it's not supposed to be anything else.

It doesn't quite scream sodom and gomorrah.

IMG_0764.PNG