All Purpose Weather Moaning Thread

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

Says Captain Aircon over there across the pond, luxuriating in his American palace of cooled splendour. 

To be fair, we've got them both (bedroom and living room AC) banging out full cold, if you stand in the middle of it you can pretend you're at Ice Station Zebra. Downside is when you have to go down four flights of stairs through what feels like soup to get a package — I've been back in the igloo for an hour and I'm still not over it. Just remember me when it's 38 degrees and 90% humidity, and I'm cycling back from work.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

It was down to 18C today. It felt so good. Apparently it will be right back up again by the weekend, but I'm going to enjoy these next couple of days

Where is the paradise in which you live? It was topping 30 here.

• Paid Members

Yep, 30 today and apparently 34 tomorrow. The repair guy came into work today to fix the air con on our floor as the part finally arrived...turns out he needs another part first. Get to fuck you fucking fuck. Tomorrow I'm going to migrate to the floor above and work there. Can't work in this heat with no air con, it's borderline Chinese torture.

Aside from working in conditions that violate human rights, I'm on Team Chest and fully support Betty Swollocks weather. Don't @ me.

• Paid Members

33 degrees in North London right now. I've got two USB desk fans on the go, they don't do shit. My boss has gone off for a "business lunch" and there are mutinous rumblings among the staff about it surely not being legal to have to work in this heat.